FP3+ Microphone not working

Hi guys,
I`m form germany nad have a problem with my FairPhone 3+.

Since the last Update, my Microphone is not working.
If someone calls me I need to switch to the “Speaker Mode”. then the Microphone works.

Without switching to the “Speaker Mode” the Microphone didnt work.

Is there anything else that I can try bevore I do an factory reset?

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/OS the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Welcome to the community.

Just to avoid misunderstandings, you might want to clarify which version your /e/OS is actually on. The latest FP3 update 1.20 has only become available today, so it’s possible that you are not on that one yet.

1 Like

I`m on e/OS 1.20.
It was available for me yesterday.

1 Like

Hello, i have exactly the same problem as DezFafara : “Since the last Update, my Microphone is not working.
If someone calls me I need to switch to the “Speaker Mode”. then the Microphone works.
Without switching to the “Speaker Mode” the Microphone didnt work.”
I am in France.
My version is : /e/OS 1.21-t-20240323388918-stable-FP3 Androïd 13
A stop down and restart doesn’t works.
Every things works correctly before this update (/e/OS 1.20)
i can’t make a down grade, /e/OS 1.20 was erased.
Thanks for your help

The previous version was 1.20-s, so the last update was not a simple update, but an upgrade of the underlying Android version from Android 12 (S) to Android 13 (T), which is always a complicated matter when offered via the updater, and things can go wrong if you are unlucky.

@DezFafara … Did you do the factory reset, and did this succeed in bringing back the microphone?

Else, since this issue doesn’t seem to be a wide-spread general issue of /e/OS 1.21-t on FP3, I would advise to cleanly install /e/OS 1.21-t from scratch.
An Android factory reset doesn’t touch the installed OS (it only deletes user data as well as user-installed Apps and App data), so if a fault lies exclusively with the state the OS is in, a factory reset wouldn’t change anything about it.

Thank you for that answer.
If I understand correctly, just wait for the next version that will be proposed: /e/ OS 1.21.
Currently this/e/ OS 1.21 update is not available.

Sorry,
I made a reading error, you propose to re-initialize the FP3 from scratch?
Assuming the problem comes from the Android version 13
and then install/e/OS 1.21 again

Yes.
(But backup all your important stuff on the phone to somewhere safe first, of course.)

Assuming the problem comes from the in-place upgrade process from Android 12 to Android 13, which might work out well … or might not have worked out well in this case, which can happen.

Android 13 (T) on FP3 seems to not show this microphone issue in general, so it seems to be fine on its own.

I didnt try the Factory reset.
Because I have some problems with my Computer - I need a new one.

When I have my new Computer, I will try a Factory reset and a reinstall of the Last Stable version from the Cloud.
I hope that brings my Microphone back :slight_smile:

Thanks for your information.
No problem to backup my important data.
My question is how to:
Either redo a complete update of/e/ OS 1.21 from a file
Either download a file allowing me to return to an earlier situation.
Where can I find the/e/ OS 1.21 update file on the cloud?
Thank you.

Merci pour vos informations.
Pas de problème pour sauvegarder mes données importantes.
Ma question est de savoir comment :
Soit refaire une mise à jour complète de /e/ OS 1.21 à partir d’un fichier
Soit télécharger un fichier me permettant de revenir à une situation antérieure.
où trouver le fichier de mise à jour /e/ OS 1.21 sur le cloud ?
Merci.

How to install manually including links to the necessary files (older OS install files, too) is here … https://doc.e.foundation/devices/FP3/install.

There’s also the Easy Installer, but I don’t know whether it installs Android 13 (T) already … https://doc.e.foundation/easy-installer