FP3+ no USB conection via fastboot, unlocking bootloader not possible

Wow thanks andrelam. That was the problem.
Now fastboot is working. I havent continued yet but i hope now it should work.

Also thanks Ingo for the clarification with the bootloader.

edit:
The easy installer wasn´t working because the device had some issues with adb while running on android. But with the now really unlocked bootloader and working fastboot i flashed /e/OS. It is running now smoothly. Thanks again for your help.

Greetings Wogrim

3 Likes

Can you elaborate on that a bit, maybe in the other topic about the installer not working? Because I’m thinking it might show an opportunity to improve the installer.

I will send the log and explain the problem as good as possibl but i have no more time today. Probably tomorrow.
Greetings Wogrim

1 Like

To avoid the popular adb/fastboot confusion … Please confirm fastboot devices doesn’t work for you with the phone in bootloader/Fastboot Mode.
(The adb command doesn’t work in Fastboot Mode by design, only the fastboot command does.)

Hi,
I got to the point of updating the driver

but when I select the folder, I get this screen…
I installed universal ADB driver and Android Studio. Do you have an idea what am I missing?
Thanks in advance!

Hi soagnes,
did you try: “Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer”? This was the point where i could find the drivers.
Greetings Wogrim

3 Likes

This step is a bit unclear:
You have to click “Let me pick from…” I don’t know why i had the path highlighted at the moment of the screenshot, but that is a bit misleading.
e-2

2 Likes

Maybe to make it more clear replace your image with one where the correct option is highlighted?
b2bc0c081325ae31189fab92aae46d98063b797c

1 Like

[quote=“andrelam, post:16, topic:23351”]

i…» Je ne sais pas pourquoi j’ai mis le chemin en surbrillance au moment de la capture d’écran, mai
[/quote]

Hi, same problem : I still have this windows appearing saying the device can’t start…with a “code 10”.
Anyone know the problem?

Here is something that worked perfectly for me:

1 Like

Hi,

When I do that, I cannot find the “Android Device” on the list. Neither a “SAMSUNG Android Phone” like it’s said here… I tried with “Mobile devices” but then I cannot find any ADB driver.
I did install the universal driver for Win10.

By any chance, would you have an idea ? It’s blocking my easy-install ^^’

EDIT : problem solved, the solution is here (TL;DR : FP on Fastboot, Windows update, optional updates, drivers updates, Android Composite ADB Interface)

Hello,
I try to install eOS on my FP3 (unlocked) with Windows 10. My device is no longer recognised by easy-installer :
-last week during my first attempt, my FP3 was recognised and the installation progressed to 100% (I guess) - but nothing happened on my PC or my FP3. After a long wait (1h30) I restarted the process, with the same effect. I just tried again today. And the device is not recognised by easy-installer
-now the FP3 start in FASTBOOY MODE (SECURE BOOT = disabled ; DEVICE STATE = unlocked)
-I went in Windows Update/Optional updates, but there are no ‘Google, Inc - Android Bootloader interface’
-In ‘Device Manager’ I have : ‘LeMobile Android Device’/‘Android Bootloader Interface’
-I downloaded ‘Universal ADB driver’ (https://adb.clockworkmod.com/)
-But : When I try to install ‘Android ADB Interface’ or ‘Android Composite ADB Interface’
→ I have the error message “Windows a rencotré un problème lors de l’installation de ces pilotes sur votre appareil” (in French, sorry)

→ Do you know how to resolve this issue ?
Thank you very much for your help

Hello,

You can try to download & install manually “LeMobile - Other hardware - Android Composite ADB Interface” from Microsoft Update Catalog, then run Windows Update.

Hello,
Thank you very much for your reply.
I have tried to install “LeMobile - Other hardware - Android Composite ADB Interface” with Microsoft Update Catalog.
but :
1- I only got ‘Android Bootlader Interface’ and not ‘Android Composite ADB Interface’ (I don’t know if that matters)
2- Actually I tried to install " LeMobile Composite ADB Interface"; “Android ADB Interface”, “Android ADB Recovery Interface” and “Android Composite ADB Interface” but I got each time “'Android Bootlader Interface” in my ‘Device Manager’
→ the package has the same name each time “20957253_e729b520abd50003f26bdc147fcfb048082ad4bf.cab” (I don’t know if that means that it’s the same data)
3- The installation was running in an endless loop “Installation des pilotes” for 20 minutes
→ after a restart of my PC it did install the pilot smoothly in less than 5 seconds

I have restarted ‘easy-installer’, unfortunately my FP3 is still not recognized.

May I ask you to confirm that I use the good process when I do it?
-My FP3 is on page FASTBOOT MODE (SECURE BOOT = disabled ; DEVICE STATE = unlocked), with green START at the top (is this setup the correct one ?)
-on ‘easy-installer’ I’m on the page ‘Détection de l’appareil / A a recherche de votre appareil…’
→ and I wait… Should I do something else ?

As I said, I tried to install eOS last week. At the time my FP3 was detected and the installation started, and went to 100% (I guess). After 1h during which nothing happened I restarted my PC and FP3.
Actually I did it 2 times :
1- first time the FP3 restarted on Android standard, I had update the Android again, unlock for developper again, etc and I restarted the installation
2- second time : the FP3 restart on Fastboot mode only (no Android standard available). If i click for START, I get a screen saying :
“<!> The boot loader is unlocked and software integrity cannot be guaranteed. Any data stored on the device may be available to attackers. Do not store any sensitive data on the device.
Visit this link on another device: g+co/ABH
PRESS POWER KEY TO PAUSE BOOT”
Then it loop with a restart every 10 sec, and land on the same page.

→ Do you know how to resolve this issue ?
Thank you very much for your help

Sorry, no knowledge about FP3+ here …

Some similar threads : FP3 installation : stuck in fastboot mode - #23 by JBdV, Device is corrupt, can't be trusted - FP3 - #9 by 7eries, Easy Installer failed - Fairphone 3 blocked on fastboot mode

Hello smu44,
I got a solution (in French) - I succeeded in installing eOS on my FP3. It works!

Please find a traduction in english:
1- download the latest version of eOS here You can use Q or R. R is the most recent and works well.

2- download platform-tools for windows here

3- Extract the file platform-tools zip downloaded, then open the resulting folder

4- Put the file eOS in the folder platform-tools and extract it (eOS) in this same folder.

5- in the folder platform-tools, click on button ‘Shift’ and right click, select “open Powershell window”

6- put your FP3 in fastboot mode and connect it to your PC with a USB-C cable that can transfer data. Then in the Powershell window, type ./adb devices , your FP3 should be listed (note : my FP3 was not listed but I followed the remaining instructions)

1. Then, simply copy-paste the command line below in Powershell, one after the other (Caution, it will erase the data!)

Note, on Windows one need to use ./ at the beginning of each command line

./fastboot -w
 ./fastboot flash system_a system.img -S 522239K
 ./fastboot flash boot_a boot.img
 ./fastboot flash vendor_a vendor.img -S 522239K
 ./fastboot flash dtbo_a dtbo.img
 ./fastboot flash vbmeta_a vbmeta.img

./fastboot flash system_b system.img -S 522239K
 ./fastboot flash boot_b boot.img
 ./fastboot flash vendor_b vendor.img -S 522239K
 ./fastboot flash dtbo_b dtbo.img
 ./fastboot flash vbmeta_b vbmeta.img

./fastboot flashing lock

After the command ./fastboot flashing lock confirm on your FP3 that you want to lock your bootloader.

The FP3 restart and eOS should be correctly installed

1 Like

The solution in French : Easy-installer no longer recognise my FP3 - can't install 'Android ADB interface' or 'Android Composite ADB interface' - #2 by Bryophytae

1 Like

Bravo ! :clap:

Pour info tu peux revenir à l’interpréteur classique à partir de PowerShell, en tapant simplement cmd.exe :wink:

There’s either a typo or mistake in this step. When the phone is in fastboot mode, adb commands do not work (they only work in recovery or system mode). I guess you meant ./fastboot devices which would be correct.

1 Like

That was my mistake in the post I wrote in French, apologies. I will bring attention to this under my comment in French right away.

I would edit it if I could, thank you for explaining the correct command !