FP3 not responding after bootloader unlock

Strictly speaking you only need to execute (i.e. type and then hit enter) FP3_FlashAll.exe from the right directory and all should be fine.

I’ve added the dir *.exe just as a precaution in case things go wrong.

As it didn’t work I join you this :slight_smile:
As I made some research, mke2fs is related to a corrupted files isn’t it ? So maybe I have to download another version of the FP3_Flash program ?

Reflecting, @Timate what a journey you have had !

You speculate that your phone is not being seen correctly, I suggest you are right. Thinking what might have gone wrong, there is a trail of golden nuggets here.

Over the same time span we have several nearly bricked devices, I hope all fixed now!

If I understand you correctly, I think you are drawn to resetting you phone back to original. Is that correct? Please feel free to answer in you own language. :smiley:

1 Like

This is looking good for Fastboot actually. Fastboot Mode = Bootloader, and the driver for this shows no problem.
(ADB isn’t needed right now.)

And the fastboot command seems to work and to recognise the phone with this output.

So, in this state, with the fastboot command working and recognising the phone …

Can you post a screenshot of what happens when you run FP3_FlashAll now?

4 Likes

mke2fs is a tool to create a file system. It can be used if you happen to have a corrupt filesystem (to simply overwrite instead of repairing it), but for the flash process it is needed to wipe the phone. And there is no indication that you should download another version.

As AnotherElk said: please post a screenshot of your attempt to run FP3_FlashAll.

2 Likes

Here is the cmd pannel. And for what happen when I enter the FP3_FlashAll.exe, I’m first asking if I really want to run the program. I answer Yes and then a new black window similar to the cmd one open with two times written : The specific path can’t be found. After what the window closes.

Hi aidb, thank you for your answer, I feel like the problem exposed for the GS290 is similar from mine and will search in the doc if I can find something but as my phone is a Fairphone and not a GS290, it might be a little bit different ?

Also, Another Elk and Ingo who are helping me from the begining think from the elements I gave them that the process should works as the cmd for fastboot is recognize by the pc… I will first try to end it here with them before going back to documentation even if drivers might be the problem :wink:

1 Like

I’ve run the program in the past and I’m quite sure it did not open another window but simply wrote all output in the window it was started in. Does it make any difference if you type .\FP3_FlashAll.exe instead of FP3_FlashAll.exe?

I’m starting to wonder if it cannot cope with the “special” characters (i.e. French letters or the space) as part of the path.
Maybe it’s worth trying when the install archive is extracted to C:\temp\FP3-...-fastbootimage?

1 Like

The same process occured with .\FP3_FlashAll.exe instead of FP3_FlashAll.exe…

I don’t really understand about were I can found this folder ?

If C:\temp does not exist, you can simply create it. The name is an example (it used to be common but maybe no more with Windows 10). You can try to create any folder and extract the archive there just as long as the folder name doesn’t contain “special” characters.
But it’s just a guess because of the “path can’t be found” error.

2 Likes

I tried to do so but no more success except the fact that a windows resolution window opened the first time … I tried to repare, or use another compatibility option automaticly chosen by windows without more success. Now if I retry the operation, it fails but the reparation window don’t appear.

Sorry, I’m out of ideas.

P.S.: maybe, since fastboot looks ok by now, you could try to manually install /e/.

1 Like