FP3 Pie 0.23 Image

Hi,
I’ve tried to update my Fairphone 3 from Pie (/e/OS 0.23). I backed up my data using both TWRP and ADB. However, I forgot to make a separate backup of my contacts. I flashed TWRP on my device (not using fastboot flash recovery twrp-... but fastboot flash boot twrp-... because the first failed. I was fully aware that this would override my current boot. However, I forgot to update my contacts separately. I therefore wonder, whether I can download the FP3 Pie /e/OS version 0.23 from somewhere and flash it again. It is not listed on the official download site anymore.

Thanks in advance.

the highest Pie zip I’ve got is e-0.18-p-20210815130098-dev-FP3.zip, can upload if you want

if you took a TWRP backup, your contacts are there in a sqlite db and you’d be able to either extract them if not outright place them at the new target if the schema didn’t change too much.

/data/data/com.android.providers.contacts/databases/contacts2.db

Thank you. That’s the folder I was looking for. I searched in /data/data/com.android.contacts/databases which was empty. That caused me to worry. In that case, I don’t need the old firmware version. Thanks again!

yeah but I’m unsure if you can place it as-is on higher androids without “migrations” rearranging the database schema if necessary, but sure try

Good point, I was able to boot into Pie again. I needed to change the Boot System inside TWRP which I failed to do correctly previously. Manual backup running :tada:

1 Like