I have ordered a little refurbished Galaxy A3 2017 (just 5 mm taller than my Moto E). Not e.supported but ‘trebled’ arm64 A/B so I expect to use e.GSI.
- no SIM card, just set language, no config, have a look in OS,
- first of all, enable EOM unlock to get
FRP LOCK: OFFin ‘Download mode’,
- disable or ‘lock’ (no permission, no data use) all non-wanted apps (gg, cloud services),
- enable WiFi and launch update to latest firmware (FW) version, needs to use Manual update but worked fine,
- verify and download device’s FW (‘Orange’ one) and Stock latest one (thanks again, @piero)
- flash stock OS, with Heimdall CLI (first test),
- read three more times all ‘howtos’ and threads I’ve found on the web
- flash e.GSI-pie,
- flash patch ?
- flash e.GSI Qustom by @harvey186…
Slooow W.I.P. cause of W.I.R.L. I will edit this post and share links and useful howto in a ‘response’ below…
I switched on to test music player but Samsung’s app wants to update and asks to agree ‘Use policy’… I don’t want to link this device ! Turned off, and I will flash as soon as possible !
Stock ROM flashed with Heimdall. No more ‘Orange telecom’ inside, securtiy patch 2020.04
Dev’ options and debugging enabled, unfortunately I had:
$ adb shell a3y17lte:/ $ getprop ro.treble.enabled false