Galaxy A3 2017 (Treble) SM-A320FL

Hello,
What version are you using? The last one from this thread / the one from the pdf description linked above?

I don’t remember, I think it is from the thread. The build number is “e_phhgsi_arm64_ab-userdebug 10 QQ3A.200805.001 eng.root.20220226.012431 dev-keys,dev-release”

Try this to make camera work in video mode:
Go to Settings/Phh Treble Settings/Misc Features/enable “Expose Aux cameras (Qualcomm)”, and the reboot.

1 Like

Thanks a lot.

Didn’t work but with both ‘Expose Aux camera’
and
‘Force Enable Camera2API HAL3’
(then reboot) it does!

:sunglasses:

The download page linked in the end of the pdf (I’m not allowed to post that link, it’s the last link in the pdf in beposanfior’s post from feb 18th) has two newer versions than the one the positive commentaries mention. Is it generally not advised to just use the latest version from that list?

i took the latest, and that seems to work

Lineage runs on this phone, but I always get “Invalid zip file format” when trying to flash e, both from TWRP and via adb sideload.

For some reason you have to use OrangeFox recovery, beacuase twrp doesn’t work to flash the image. You also have to execute a repartitioner script from TWRP or OrangeFox. There is a detailed tutorial in a pdf in this thread.

1 Like

Ah, thanks. I had run the repartitioner (the Lineage is Lineage 17, which also requires Android 10 partitioning), but I was not using OrangeFox.

Edit: OrangeFox works, but I’m still getting “incompatible zip file format”.

Edit: I had forgotten to unpack the zip, as it said in the pdf.

Hello,
Tank you very much. The camera is OK now.
Every thing seems to work fine.
But not very stable for bluetooth calls !

If it could be helpfull, I use e_phhgsi_arm64_ab-userdebug 10 QQ3A.200805.001 eng.root.20211027.090334 dev-keys,dev-release

Thanks for the suggestion.
Unfortunately it does not work for me, videos are still huge with only the audio working.

Ok, I did get e to work by more or less following the pdf description. Did anybody have the issue of not being able to turn off the software Navigator buttons at the bottom at the screen? The system seems to not care about the setting. It seems to not be activated. This unfortunately is a reason not to use the phone, since the A3 has hard buttons.
I’m on the newest version from the download thread (202204021).

This is what worked for me:

This is my e version: IMG-e-0.19-q-20211027142973-dev-treble_arm64_bvN

Hello.

Update from 0.19 to 0.23, camera’s bug went back. So I disabled all and reboot, then tested different settings.

Works : Expose Aux Camera (lonely).

1 Like

After reading the message from @trefix link I tried again the settings and now the video are working fine.

Works enabling: Expose Aux Camera.

In the end the only thing I’m missing a bit is the ability to share files via Bluetooth from the file manager, but I can leave without it. :grinning:

Even that version, the nav bar does not disappear when I turn it off in settings.

Is there a way to get icons to not all be the same shape? Normally Nova launcher does that, but I can’t use a paid app with /e/.

Hi anybody,

The description in the mentioned PDF is using Windows.
Is there a chance to do the customisation with Linux ?

I’m not sure of what you mean by “customization”. I guess you want to install /e/ os on your A3 2017. I did it entirely on Linux, I can confirm it works. The steps are pretty much the same, but you have to use a software called Heimdal instead of Odin to flash TWRP. It can be easily found directly in the repos for most distros.

Yeah thanks! That is what I meant: Installation of Custom-ROM, here /e/OS.
Great to here, that is works with Linux.
But isn’t it said here, that we need OrangeFox instead TRWP?

Btw.: Does the problem with file sharing over Bluetooth still exist?

Yeah it confused me too and I’m still not sure if there’s a better way to do it. I firstly flashed TWRP, did my backups, then flashed the repartitioner script which installed orangefox. After that it’s like installing a custom rom on any other phone. Put the .img or .zip in your sdcard and flash it from orangefox.

Bluetooth has been working fine for my earbuds and speakers but I never tried file sharing. Apart from that alsmost everything works just fine, but can be unstable at times. I got several black screens for no reason. Usually it just needs a few seconds to recover, but I had to reboot ~4 times in 7 months. I couldn’t get the full encryption to work (it bootloops) and the camera is a bit buggy (but this isn’t a good phone to make photos anyway, and it’s still usable).
TLDR: If you’re not too picky it can be daily driver, at least it’s mine