Galaxy note 3 N9005 no sim no network

Bonjour
Après avoir participé a la campagne kickstarter j’attendais avec impatience la release pour mon note 3 (SM-N9005 pour les intimes)
Elle est enfin arrivée…
J’ai un joli système bien au chaud dans mon smartphone qui me fait du charme MAIS…
je ne peux pas téléphoner, SIM non reconnue, plus d’IMEI, pas de réseau
Pour un OS dédié aux téléphones ça commence mal, très mal même.
Quand on propose un produit qui prétend concurrencer le leader du marché il faut s’assurer que ça fait au moins aussi bien a défaut de faire mieux.
Bref ça c’est pour le coup de gueule.
J’ai suivi les procédures, re-installé le modem, re-installé le stock firmware histoire de m’assurer que le téléphone marchait encore, recommencé, perdu une semaine a tourner en rond sur le net, écrit au support (0 réponse, cherchez l’erreur ) Installé lineageOS avec le même résultat, bidouillé, pesté.
Que tchi, nada, pas d’abonné au bout de la ligne. Juste un belle tablette.

Alors j’en ai marre de perdre du temps.
Si quelqu’un a réussi a installer e ou lineageOS sur son N9005 AVEC la téléphonie opérationnelle je suis preneur de la procédure. Si possible sans manips a effectuer avec les 36 doigts de la main droite SVP, je ne suis qu’un simple humain (on peut rêver même s’il s’agit d’informatique).

Sur ce, joyeux Noël.

Bonjour @jc2e ,

Merci pour votre soutien au projet. Nous sommes navré que vous rencontriez des difficultés sur votre téléphone.
Malgré tout, il faut que vous sachiez que le projet est encore en beta et il est donc possible de rencontrer des erreurs.

Après quelques recherches, il semble effectivement qu’il y ait des problèmes avec la détéction de la carte SIM. La mise à jour du baseband semble résoudre le problème (voir documentation ici). Est-ce que cela fait parti des éléments que vous avez déjà essayé ?

Merci d’avance pour votre retour,

Romain

1 Like

I’ve installed the /e/ ROM latest dev build. The problems described above do not occur with me. At first sight:

:heavy_check_mark: SIM-card is recognized
:heavy_check_mark: LTE telephony & SMS works
:heavy_check_mark: WLAN works
:heavy_check_mark: ecloud works
:heavy_check_mark: e.email works

Questions about → Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE SM-N9005 with S-Pen

Since the creation of this post I’ve managed to overcome the problem with the help of Romain Hunault.
These are the steps i followed that worked.
First of all, and that’s the clue, under the official Android ROM before flashing /e/ deactivate the SIM protection.
All the problems of SIM not recognised and no network after flashing /e/ were related to this protection.
You can deactivate all the other protections too.

Before flashing i recommend you use “Apk extractor” to backup some apps like Sketchbook.
The official apps don’t work in /e/ because the functionalities are deeply embedded in the system.
You must be aware that all the functionalities related to the Spen are lost.

• No handwriting apps and handwriting recognition, no warning when the spen is removed and so on.

So before flashing, under the official ROM, select settings / lock screen and security / other security settings / set up sim card lock / unlock the sim. Follow the instructions to unlock the SIM.
The following link was provided by Romain while we discussed the problem.
https://www.helpforsmartphone.com/public/en/samsung/android/android-6-0/guides/21/Secure-phone-Samsung-Android.

After this you can follow the instructions given in the wiki, but i had some problems with Heimdall so i used another approach.
First flash TWRP ( https://dl.twrp.me/hlte/ ) via odin
Copy the latest build of /e/ onto the SD card (https://images.ecloud.global/dev/hlte/)
Boot in recovery then MAKE A BACKUP on the SD card or … really recommended.
So tap the Backup button and make sure the backup is created in the external sd card
The necessary steps are described in the wiki under " Installing /e/ from custom recovery"
https://doc.e.foundation/devices/hlte/install.

Now you can enjoy your new os, free, with hlte.

Since I’ve installed /e/ i had no problems with the apps except the bliss launcher that i’ve replaced with Galaxy s launcher more stable. I’ve not activated anything under microG and all works fine (go away G…). Pay some attention to the accounts. Under the /e/ account you manage the sync parameters. If you have a low budget plan and don’t want to sync a zillion pictures this is the place where you get some control.
With my five years old battery i can still use it one to two days before charging. The lack of continuous tracking is noticeable.
Take a look under settings / updates. The team is doing a great job, the releases are very regular and the update process works very well.

@jc2e, you haven’t been here in a long time. An earlier communication of your experiences might have saved the user gbar some frustration. Maybe - but maybe not.

Well, I didn’t have any serious problems with flashing /e/ OS. With a Windows PC and Samsung Odin 3.13.3 I installed TWRP Recovery, then flashed the /e/ OS via TWRP. That went in no time at all.

That an elementary tool like the S-Pen of Note III N9005 doesn’t work to the same extent as under the StockROM Android 5.0 is very unfortunate.

At the moment I’m trying out the apps “INKredible” and “HandWrite”. More will follow… ;o)