Get Ready! /e/OS V2 is on its Way! Save the Date: May 16th!

Many of you have already heard about our plans to launch /e/OS V2…and without further ado, we are thrilled to announce that /e/OS V2 is just around the corner and is coming with the next update on May 16th!

It’s incredible to see how far we’ve come since the launch of /e/OS V1. Our mission has always been to provide a privacy-focused alternative to traditional mobile operating systems, and with /e/OS V1, we achieved just that.

With /e/OS V1, we introduced a stable version of /e/OS, giving our users full control over their data. Enhanced privacy settings and open-source applications ensured a secure and customizable user experience. We’ve introduced such key tools in /e/OS as App Lounge and Advanced Privacy, and also Murena smarpthones and Cloud.

"This was a significant achievement, making /e/OS available for everyone. But now, with /e/OS V2, we’re taking another step forward in the maturity of our operating system.” – Gaël Duval, Murena & /e/OS founder.

On this occasion we are going LIVE on May 16th at 16:00 CEST to unveil the updates and also to connect with all of you.

Save the date: https://v2event.murena.io/

The launch will be followed by a Q&A session with a few of us answering online. Ask your questions ahead! You can drop your questions in the comment section, and our team will address some of them during the live session.

We can’t wait to connect with you all and present our new /e/OS V2!

The live event will be held on Murena YouTube channel www.youtube.com/@murenacorp

Telegram group will be shared in this channel : https://t.me/mydataismydata

Twitter /e/OS https://twitter.com/e_mydata

The replay will be available on YouTube, Twitter and PeerTube https://peer.tube/a/efoundation/video-channels

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/OS the deGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

30 Likes

Great news.

And don’t forget your community on Mastodon! https://mastodon.social/@murena

7 Likes

I have two questions:

1. In this article a new camera app is announced. Could you be more specific on
  • what to expect
  • whats the benefits compared to OpenCamera
  • ETA
  • source base or completely new app?
  1. There was an article/post where dropping Magic Earth has been mentioned (sorry, can’t find the article anymore) as it is not an open source app. Is this still something that is on your roadmap?

Thanks a lot for your great work.

2 Likes

Badly, more people click on the youtube’s link than peertube :disappointed_relieved:

And more followers in YouTube (804) than Peertube (32)

I hope, that Murena level up their security system on their cloud. Today, we can only use U2F with OTP to connect to Murena Cloud. We can’t use a physical USB for that (like Solokey, Nitrokey, & Co) for U2F, it’s only for passwordless :expressionless:

In m’y Murena’s phone U2F without OTP are perfectible: NFC dont work well.

Hopefully things like the murena cloud and telegram will not become more valid parts of e/os. Why use a central system like telegram when there is decentralised XMPP? In case you don’t know, check out Conversations app.
Using the nextcloud app and davx5 you can connect to almost every open cloud provider, so choose yours and don’t create a new centralized data pool! there are really no (new) murena apps needed. A stable and not crashing UI would be completely sufficient.

4 Likes

Something Olympic I bet.

Is the event /e/OS focused (I guess so from the banner) or will there also be Murena announcements?

From the article :

I don 't think it 's a new camera app…

1 Like

ah yes, you may be right!

Android Auto ? Ou bien une alternative…

I’d love to know more too, if the camera app gets good it might make me take the plunge… :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi,

will v2 be available with dirty flash for v1 users or a clean flash would be mandatory/recommended ?

1 Like

It will just be like any other update and will arrive OTA.

2 Likes

In my humble opinion, the current camera is good. It is based on open camera, which is just great.

1 Like

I hope they are not getting rid of magic earth. I have grown to like it quite a bit.

2 Likes

It’s not /e/OS exclusive and/or done by /e/OS developers. In case they don’t preinstall Magic Earth any longer, just install it yourself and keep using it. :person_shrugging:

1 Like

I’m still learning this OS, but I’m glad that I’ve reached here on time.

1 Like

I would love to see widgets between the icons. So I don’t have a list of widgets and list of app icons. Is it going to happen or you decided to not implement that? Thanks

1 Like

I would like to have the option of having the trebuchet launcher present as I do prefer it over the bliss launcher as do may other /e/ users but it is just wishful thinking!

I was there for v1.0, I’m still there for v2.0! Thanks for all the work! I have one question though about v2.0 and the widget panel: will we finally be able to customize it and change the widgets order for example?

2 Likes