Get Ready! /e/OS V2 is on its Way! Save the Date: May 16th!

Think (wishfully) again …

1 Like

To improve security, would /e/OS developers consider including in the build process Automated Kernel CVE Patching, as is done by DivestOS?

automated patch checker along with an extensive database of fixes for over [4,000] Linux kernel security issues.

Thank you for your work and clear answer :slight_smile:

4 Likes

wait and see ! thanks / Teracube 2e … OTA I presume ?

Wow, good news! Android Auto support in V2.0.

Not that I am going to install Google and Maps, but it says “for now” !

https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/os/releases/-/blob/v2.0-t-release-notes/notes/v2.0.md

2 Likes

I don’t want to post feedback here. Is there a thread open yet?

Please join the live https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ib4WTuvoVM, it will start in less than 30mn from now

2 Likes

I want to buy the eOS tablet Gael is using during the live event!!!

1 Like

Sorry @GaelDuval to spoil your “one last thing” item with my post Get Ready! /e/OS V2 is on its Way! Save the Date: May 16th! - #24 by voorstad yesterday. I did not know. :smiling_face:

And the link to the Android Auto info is…?

The guide on Android Auto

3 Likes

Exciting things should come to e/OS/, looking forward for the future. Thank you for the past work :bowing_man::bowing_man:

3 Likes

Since I am pestering @Manoj since years about a tablet, you should wait your turn :smiley:

I could not join the live event, but it is not yet in Peer.Tube …

[Sidenote] As I watched the live presentation of V2, I saw I am not the only one having difficulties to speak to a group of people. Gael and even the communications person aren’t really confident speakers. Presenting, or speaking, is really a skill! Ofcourse, most important is the information one provides, but it is more of a pleasure to see people who are at ease speaking to a crowd, live or online.

1 Like

And it gets even more difficult in case the situation requires to not speak your mother tongue…
Respect

That’s true. And I sure respect them!

1 Like

Where is the changelog?

What changelog? Do you mean the release notes?

2 Likes

Jokes apart, now that I watched the V2 event, I have the impression that the official /e/OS tablet is not about to be launched …

Perhaps I should definitely make up my mind, buy a tablet and try to install /e/OS myself … which is what I wanted to avoid … Luckily community is great here, and I am sure I could count on @piero and @ronnz98 :slight_smile: … but the objective was to avoid the installation, and support Murena by purchasing the device from the store … pity

@sonyxa2, i remember you are awaiting for two years,
apart supporting Murena.corp by your purshase (you also can make a donation to the e.foundation), i can’t figure what retains you so long to self-install on a supported device.

I have (and others members did the same) proposed you a personalized step by step guidance two years ago.

1 Like

Even here Tablets are suported:

https://openandroidinstaller.org/supported-devices.html

for avoiding to do everything manually

EDIT: Oops it is just the Galaxy Tab S2…

1 Like

Is there any information on how much the apps that need to be installed leak back home?
Also could the preinstalled navigation app magic earth be used with android auto?