Gigaset GS290 update e-0.16-q ‘dev’ version is available

/e/OS build : dev release e-0.16-q-20210414110657-dev-GS290 can be installed relatively easily as a ‘clean install’ according to these instructions. I call the process ‘relative’ because my host machine (PC) with Windows and its device manager constantly complains about ‘missing’ drivers.

Missing’ drivers means that I have to update the PC drivers several times depending on the device status (ADB and FASTBOOT mode), although they are available on the PC. Since I am constantly confronted with this Windows peculiarity also with other Android devices, I now know how to deal with it.

The ROM build is dated 14 April 2021, the Android security patch level only with status 5 March 2021, but the microG Services Core version 0.2.17.20714 is the current stable release. The radio app is still waiting. Will it ever come?

Gigaset GS290 update e-0.16-q ‘stable’ has to wait for some time until it has successfully passed all tests. Current is e-0.15-q stable at the moment.

1 Like

A well-known problem: the display of type on a dark background.

The Filemanager.Pro from SimpleMobileTools does it better. Besides, it can also be used as a root file manager.

2 Likes