GS290 Updated to v1.0 Issues

Thanks for the info, let’s hope a fix shortly for the battery issue.

On my device, I noticed it was hot only when charging, and normal temperature when not charging.
Also, the Airplane mode (night) seems to drain more battery compared to when in use during the day, because the battery percentage lost is huge.

Just my own idea, but it seems the battery charge is not realistic. Before, the phone was charging on twice the time it needs now, that’s why I think something is wrongly calculated (and drops twice faster, like doing only a half charge).
And to be mentionned, the charging time remaining (appearing on the screen) increase during the charge.
Bad calibration of the battery? That’s why I tried to charge phone switched off, no overheat and a little improvement…

The issue with the touchscreen disappeared but other bugs appeared in the meantime.
Let’s wait for a fix

1 Like

Maybe it’s because your IP address is obfuscated, which can slow down the network connection.

No no, I did try without it of course. The app crashes the same way.

Does App Lounge works fine on your Guest account?

Too bad :frowning: It worked for me after two tries…

Seems like it’s fixed now without any specific input from my part. It kinda conccurs to my belief it’s a network problem the client can’t handle.

Same thing for me, crash of lounge app on GS 290.

An other strange behavior is the localisation of my phone witch is in Indonesia.
This is on two navigation apps.

After reading your message I tried again, and the pop-up error message continued to appear (also after restart).

Then, I was trying to take a printscreen of the error, and really funny… it solved the App Lounge issue!
On some phones you can take a screenshot by swiping the edge of your hand across the screen from one side to the other. But this doesn’t works on the gs290… :wink:

Now I have back the App Lounge working… :grinning:

You can set the location of Advanced Privacy to be the real one instead of a fake one (2nd menu page)

Thanks WilRo that worked. Unfortunately logging in as a guest means that non of my apps are available to update. Does anyone know if it’s possible to log out of my profile without but keeping my apps and contacts.
Cheers

I have Signal and the app lounge systematically crashing since upgrade to V1 on SM-G930F

It also worked on my FF3.
Thank you @WilRo

1 Like

Thank you @Silicio for your confirmation.
So the printscreen trick works for the FF3 and GS290.

Unfortunately I noticed that is not a permanent solution. App Lounge stopped to work 3 times for me today, but each time I solved with the swipe from right to left.

Moreover I had to repeat this 2or 3 times (swipe, try to start App Lounge, swipe,…)
So it is a temporary workaround until an official fix will be released.

And I have Signal installed, as read in @peter post

Did you tried to swipe the screen? It solves the App Lounge issue for few hours.
It gives you the time to install what you need until next crash :laughing:

1 Like

Thanks again @WilRo that worked a treat. There are still a few apps that aren’t updating but a few more tries may help.
Cheers

I managed to visualize the app lounge thanks to the temporary “swipe and retry” workaround (thanks for that tip!). Then I installed the latest signal update, but the signal issue isn’t solved, Signal still systematically crashes.
I am eager to get the /e/ update solving the V1 issues!
Peter

I don’t know if it can help you.
To me Signal and Whatsapp were giving problems only on video calls. I solved it by installing “opencamera” from f-droid (app of which \ e \ camera is fork). I have since stopped having problems with apps using the cameras on my FP3 +.
I hope it works for you too.

I have no issues with my GS290 since the v1.0 update

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.