HELP! Just updated to 0.18 and the Phone App is not working anymore

having looked into the gitlab issue I think I’m in the camp of

last date of stock-rom flash matters

as it provides dsp (signal processing / decode / encode) and modem firmware updates outside the /e/ ROM flash, leading to a situation where users report issues and some say all is fine.

So you mean maybe a modem firmware update could solve the issue?

I think the firmware was updated along with the 0.18 update.

Someone on gitlab wrote, he downgraded to 0.17 using the easy installer but had still the same issue. After flashing the stock ROM and then installing 0.17 with easy installer it worked again.

It looks like they missed out on a fix/update that was included in the stock rom.
They seem to have nailed the problem on gitlab, so let’s hope there will be an update sometime this week-end!

not really missed - those kind of partitions aren’t yet part of the flashing process (nor are they in Lineage). It’s not android framework/system libraries and blobs, it’s the firmware the modem and dsp itself use with some calling interface … if I’m not mistaken.

1 Like

Thank you very much!

I expect the fix will be released in the coming days if not tomorrow to the generic channel but for anyone who doesn’t want to wait (like me :grin: ), instructions to get the testing build (which for me got the phone working again) have been posted on Gitlab. Thanks to the e team for the quick fix!

1 Like

It works! :grinning: Thanks to all developers.

Happy that the ne bug fix work for me. Thanks for the developers to react quickly on this problem!

It would be a good idea to be able to downgrade easily if something like this problem would occur.

Someone suggested to switch back to the other slot (I did not quite get it) but this would also be a good idea if it would work.

My wife did not get the 0.18 realese OTA, her instalation has been done with the quick installer.
My instalation was more complicated and before the quick install was born. This is why I recieved a “dev” version. I did not know that. How can I make sure that I install a stable version in the future? Maybe a different version name? Or can I deactivate the dev release?

The /e/OS build names have the dev or stable tag in it. You can see this by browsing to
Settings >> About Phone >>Android version >> /e/OS version

The Easy-installer installs the stable builds by default. The ability to downgrade or deactivate a release are not available but are good suggestions for the development team.

2 Likes

Perfect thanks a lot!

@Manoj quick question, do I see the full name of the version that is ready to download and install?
What you point me to, is actualy after the install has been done.
It’s quite a long name and the dev comes at the end of the name. I can’t remember if I can see it before fownloading it.

Dev : https://images.ecloud.global/dev/FP3/

Stable : https://images.ecloud.global/stable/FP3/

On the documentation site we mark the different builds separately for e.g

Screenshot from 2021-08-24 13-20-02

you will see the stable or dev written along with the build

• On the devices if you install a dev build then you will only get dev builds. Similarly if your initial build is a stable build then you get only stable builds.

To understand the difference between /e/ builds check the guide linked here

1 Like

Is there a way to go from dev release to stable? Im happy to wait for stable instead of devs.

What is the way to receive only stable releases?

You will have to download and install the stable build.

It would be complicated to switch from dev to stable. What you can do to easily get the same behaviour as if you were on stable is:

When you get notified that there is a new update, just don’t do it for two weeks. Then look in the forum if there were issue with the build. If yes, wait a little longer with the install, if not do the update.

This is basicallythe release strategy of stable :wink:

2 Likes

Perfect thanks for this answere!

System update shows a new update:

As I (apparently) wasn’t affected by the phone app issue, I cannot test and say whether it’s the awaited fix, but I’d guess so. Anyone who can confirm?