HELP! Just updated to 0.18 and the Phone App is not working anymore

The /e/OS build names have the dev or stable tag in it. You can see this by browsing to
Settings >> About Phone >>Android version >> /e/OS version

The Easy-installer installs the stable builds by default. The ability to downgrade or deactivate a release are not available but are good suggestions for the development team.

2 Likes

Perfect thanks a lot!

@Manoj quick question, do I see the full name of the version that is ready to download and install?
What you point me to, is actualy after the install has been done.
It’s quite a long name and the dev comes at the end of the name. I can’t remember if I can see it before fownloading it.

Dev : https://images.ecloud.global/dev/FP3/

Stable : https://images.ecloud.global/stable/FP3/

On the documentation site we mark the different builds separately for e.g

Screenshot from 2021-08-24 13-20-02

you will see the stable or dev written along with the build

• On the devices if you install a dev build then you will only get dev builds. Similarly if your initial build is a stable build then you get only stable builds.

To understand the difference between /e/ builds check the guide linked here

1 Like

Is there a way to go from dev release to stable? Im happy to wait for stable instead of devs.

What is the way to receive only stable releases?

You will have to download and install the stable build.

It would be complicated to switch from dev to stable. What you can do to easily get the same behaviour as if you were on stable is:

When you get notified that there is a new update, just don’t do it for two weeks. Then look in the forum if there were issue with the build. If yes, wait a little longer with the install, if not do the update.

This is basicallythe release strategy of stable :wink:

2 Likes

Perfect thanks for this answere!

System update shows a new update:

As I (apparently) wasn’t affected by the phone app issue, I cannot test and say whether it’s the awaited fix, but I’d guess so. Anyone who can confirm?

If my count is right, currently at least 10 users gave positive feedback in the gitlab ticket of the fix method (update firmware partitions) being effective and no negative response yet. You basically get the firmware that Fairphone itself is distributing

Edit: btw I was… so out of the loop - @dk1978 integrated the blobs into lineage after internal discussion in April already in May into the 17.1 and 18.1 tree? - see Official LineageOS 17.1 for Fairphone 3/Fairphone 3+ - #541 by dk1978 - Development - Fairphone Community Forum +
Official LineageOS 17.1 for Fairphone 3/Fairphone 3+ - #631 by dk1978 - Development - Fairphone Community Forum

my phone stil can’t find a update from 21.August. same with testupadte allowed… is it my phone or stable ota update is not released?

Stable is not released yet … https://images.ecloud.global/stable/FP3/.

1 Like

Stable is released now.

2 Likes

finally :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face: nearly like xmas :sweat_smile:

Question: how long did the update need? I mean OTA. My FP3 took about 2.5 hours (or more), is this normal? The download is the fastest part, only some minutes, but then it’s endless …

It should be much faster if you keep it in the foreground and the screen active until the necessary reboot.

I’ll try this next time.

I am on 0.18 on my FP3 and the phone app works properly. But Signal and FritzAppFon do not. SystemUI crashes every time I try to make a call. On Signal I can just hear one word of my counterpart and then the phone goes dark.

I just did the update to 0.18-q-20210827132307-dev-FP3, kept the screen active, took about 20 minutes.