Feedback for v1.4

Problem I started to face on version 1.0, then on 1.2 and 1.3, is still present on 1.4.
Yesterday afternoon, I had to restart my phone so that I could view a Signal message that was sent to me.
This morning, I had to restart my phone (S9 from /e/ store) so I could receive e-mail messages. Many items that I should have received yesterday finally arrived:

• FairEmail messages;
  • Mail messages;
  • Signal messages (even though cache was emptied after updating to 1.4 and even though Signal App is opted out of Hidemyip);
  • Several App Lounge updates.

Besides this, since upgrading to 1.4, I also have regular error notifications:

Contacts: Erreur de serveur HTTP - HTTP 418 Service unavailable

I suppose my Contact app is not syncing.

This phone have no data plan and is most of the time under stable local wifi network. Hidemyip is set on a random country.

I need to check if disabling/enabling Hidemyip would have the same effect as restarting the phone, but I doubt as Signal is opted out.

This is sometimes referred as Wikipedia to as 418 I’m a teapot (RFC 2324, RFC 7168)

This code was defined in 1998 as one of the traditional IETF April Fools’ jokes, in RFC 2324, Hyper Text Coffee Pot Control Protocol, and is not expected to be implemented by actual HTTP servers. The RFC specifies this code should be returned by teapots requested to brew coffee.[51] This HTTP status is used as an Easter egg in some websites, such as Google.com’s “I’m a teapot” easter egg

So the clue from this error is that you are asking for something on that server which is not severed, like coffee from a teapot!

In another thread part of a log was shown showing a mix of http and https
and also there is the possibility that the redirect from https://ecloud.global => https://murena.io is not being handled correctly. See post#5 and also HTTP server error 418?.

2 Likes

After installation of v1.4 everything go well.
Samsung S9 dev android Q

FP3+ update went well so far, but took 5 hours for installation …

5 hours :flushed:
The download phase or the installation or both ?

1 Like

… installation time 5 hours. And yes, screen has been switched off. But I never had such a long time to wait …

I have found that I cannot just walk away fron an update and expect it will finish successfully.

Edit. I do not use Advanced Privacy, I can quite imagine this would be a blocker, without whitelisting. One can find the formal name for an app at the foot of its page, in Apps and notifications. org.lineageos.updater

A bit sad, but I will fully charge the phone, perhaps overnight, change Settings > Display > Advanced > Screen timeout and change this to the max 30 minutes. I then start the download and make coffee. The phone will wait for me to say go ahead; OK, … so the 30 mins starts again now. Once recovery is opened, the job starts, I tend to look in, the TWRP screen may lock, if I open it the job seems to be progressing OK. I cannot quite remember if the reboot is automatic, I think it is, and I expect to see the bouncing e before the end of breakfast!

1.4-r on Samsung S7 edge and no issues found so far.
One note: this is the first upgrade when the download ran uninterrupted from beginning to the end (for previous updates, the download was timing out 20-30 times).

For me the download started and was very slow. I had Advanced Privacy with “Hide My IP” (HMIP) turned on and could not find the correct App on which to disable HMIP for the duration of the download to speed things up.

Eventually turned off HMIP altogether until the installation completed and the download speed picked up.

Rest of the installation went fine. OnePlus3 1.4-r dev build. Phone has been stable since the installation.

On my Xiaomi MiMIX2 running 1.3 R and “Hide my IP” deactivated, I downloaded the file within minutes, and installation took the usual 3~4 minutes, all included.

To complet my previous post and give feedback, on Samsung S9 dev android Q with advanced privacy for tracker only, download the update with Wifi ON, took like 2min and launch the installation just after and it took less than 10min (probably even 5min).

I indeed sometimes test features and fixes. Build version:

e_FP3-userdebug 11 RQ3A.211001.001 eng.root.20220915.172242 dev-keys

I thought there was only one rc2 version. I usually see a lot of versions in my updater, but now its completely empty.

Ah, your reply on #25, i must have read over that. Although I do wonder if it would be possible without a PC?

I do not know Fairphone well, so I cannot help further.

During a testing session, many revisions might be sent out; when the final is fixed, testing goes quiet.

If you are on the testing channel, you will not collect a “final” version unless you get out of the test channel. If I left the test channel I would reboot and not be impatient to refresh the updater but see if any might arrive in the morning – I should know what to expect by looking at the published ROMs for my device.

Ah, that makes a lot of sense. I’m by no means an expert, just trying to help by testing some stuff as I’m incapable to fix anything myself :stuck_out_tongue:.

How do I leave the test channel?

Settings > System > Developer options > near foot of page, Connect to /e/OS test channel.

2 Likes

Aah, thanks! I have been looking for that for a while.

Hello

The 1.4 update resulted in a boot loop scenario on my Motorola One 5G Ace (kiev)(XT2113-2).

After the original installation back in June, all OTA updates have worked fine up to 1.3.

I booted to recovery and 1.3 reloaded successfully.

The initial installation started at 1.0 with:
recovery-e-1.0-r-20220527188878-dev-kiev.img
copy-partitions-20210323_1922.zip
e-1.0-r-20220527188878-dev-kiev.zip

Let me know if you need additional info.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi,

Hoping the team would do the magic with next update and make Oneplus 8 possible to install bank apps. Or is there something I can do with this issue?

With samsung S9 update to version 1.0 did the trick and “OP mobiili” worked, but since I was forced to buy new phone, OP8 don’t let you use this app.

Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra

After installation, instead of prompting to reboot, it prompted to install (again). Updater closed when tried to click it. Finally rebooted to see if would resolve the issue, and updater does list me as 1.4 now. Successful? Hope so, hoping it’s not borked now.

Edit: Next morning now. Tested calls and messages, wifi. So far everything works fine.