Hey /e/ ! You should degoogle your website before touching Lineage lol

This is a known issue, check https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/backlog/-/issues/275#note_8884

I agree with you that this is kind of paradoxical but the website is unfortunately not the main focus of the /e/-ecosystem.
Anyway, I hope this will be fixed soon.

7 Likes

Gstatic fonts is a known issue since October 2018. This is a newer issue: Google Javascript?

Google fonts are either served over .gstatic or .googleapis

2 Likes

wow what is it with these /e/ haters / trolls… In case you’re listening, dear trolls, please go and find something productive to do, like the /e/ team!

4 Likes

Thanks for raising this point, we agree this is not ideal!
We will release a new version of the website soon and it should remove all these calls to Google APIs.
It is an ongoing battle!

13 Likes

Forget about the site for a while – in the past few months seems like not a single currently supported device has been upgraded to Pie!

Seems you don’t visit the site for few month,
22 devices have been updated to pie

1 Like

But I’ve been tracking THIS THREAD regularly, and it’s almost dead for two full months now.

1 Like

I think the FairPhone 3 release was a big thing,

We also have seen the beta easy-installer release,
and seen the app-installer v2 realease.

awaiting the Bliss-Launcher v2 release.
And you are right the upgrade of most of the devices to pie.
And a real integrated tracker blocker
And a official version without microG
And the v1 OS release.
And the new name.
And the official tablet support
And the messy come back.
Etc…

1 Like

Maybe drink a cup of warm milk, and go to bed early?

2 Likes

It’s easier to write trolly / offensive stuff with smileys and bold than to post relevant replies in order to help the community.

8 Likes

…and that’s it.
Please, don’t feed the trolls!
(and close the zoo)

2 Likes

Haha, that’s funny. Reminds me of how much google’s tentacles reach out. I wish it was black and white, but everything is grey… Unfortunately.

It is what I call a reasonable secure website. These screenshots with “Encrypt all sites eligible” set to ON in HTTPS Everywhere, and I can post this here with the same settings.

So I like the website, of course a website is a continuous project, and G00gl really is everywhere.

5 Likes

Google calls it a slow website. Not good for a mobile developer organization. :smirk:

https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fe.foundation%2F&tab=mobile

Hey @adduser ! I’ve heard that /e/ is willing to launch a new version of their website, would you be happy to help as a volunteer? Any contribution is welcome :wink:

2 Likes

Yes it would be good if some of these critics could offer to help the small /e/ team.

2 Likes

Simply I don’t trust google, so I don’t trust that tool

2 Likes

It there are folks genuinely interested in working on the website they can apply through this jobs posting.
We do not take volunteers to work on the website.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.