Homescreen Problems

I have problems with the homescreen:

How to set up the first screen. I really do not know what this screen is for.

• How to delete the weather widget and where to get other widgets from?
  • Is it only possible to install widgets on this first screen?

Thank you for any help!

https://community.e.foundation/search?context=topic&context_id=37464&q=bliss%20launcher%20order%3Alatest&skip_context=true

At the moment you can’t delete the weather widget. You can add widgets to that page using the “Add widget” button

I believe so

This Launcher / Homescreen app is called Bliss, and it exists because /e/ (or its founder) don’t like “traditional” Android Launchers, prefer the iOS user experience, so decided to create their own launcher for /e/ OS. It’s new, not really finished, and /e/ users seem to either like it or hate it :slight_smile:

One of the great things about Android-based OSs like /e/, is that they offer users loads of choice, so if you don’t like your OS’s default Homescreen / Launcher, you can install a different one. If - like me - you prefer a more traditional Android-like launcher, rather than an unfinished buggy imitation of iOS, then there are several that can be installed from F-Droid, Aurora Store (or /e/'s Apps store if you want to use that). Popular “traditional” choices seem to be

• OpenLauncher
  • Omega
  • Lawnchair

There are also other launchers with different, non-traditional approaches: search for ‘launcher’ in your app store of choice, and a few of them out, and pick the one that works best for you. Have fun!

1 Like

Thank you for the explanations, now I understand more!