[HOW-TO] Flash /e/-OS on Fairphone 3 using Debian based GNU/Linux

I’m stuck at INFO: Looking for connected device(s)... after entering chmod +x flash_FP3_factory.sh && ./flash_FP3_factory.sh. I tried entering chmod +x flash_FP3_factory.sh && ./flash_FP3_factory.sh first without and then with sudo before it. Both produce the same result.

Can anyone help?

EDIT: it turns out I was missing a sudo after &&.

sudo chmod +x flash_FP3_factory.sh && sudo ./flash_FP3_factory.sh worked. It caused the installation to be enacted successfully.

I got help via the Telegram support channel.

EDIT 2: It did not offer to lock the bootloader as it’s supposed to at the end of the installation process.

The instructions say this:

  • The script will flash all required files and will wait for input at the last step.

  • The last command will ask you to confirm on the device to lock the bootloader.

  • Select LOCK THE BOOTLOADER with Volume + and validate with Power button.

(The bullet points were aligned under the Windows subsection but I assume they’re for both Windows/Linux as post #58 here also has the same steps.)

I did not get this. I just got the following at the end in my Terminal:

INFO: Done. The device will reboot now.
Rebooting                                          OKAY [  0.012s]
Finished. Total time: 0.062s

INFO: You can unplug the USB cable now.

Can anyone explain why I did not get the step to re-lock the bootloader? I do not want to use a phone with an unlocked bootloader.

2 Likes