[HOWTO] Build /e/ without docker for non LineageOS supported devices

its redmi:

Are all these sourced in your Oreo folder available?

By he way, the builde.sh script isn’t working anymore on my side. And since all sources are available in e-git you can use this way too [HOWTO] build eOS in old fashioned way with breakfast -- now with interactive script

I prefer using this way.
Starting in OREO folder with

sudo su
source build/envsetup.sh

And I hope, your sources are really 15.1 sources, because the sources you have forked from are all 17.1 sources

Okay thanks. The redmi note 9s launched from the factory with android 10 and cannot be downgraded. So we’ll have to wait. Anyway thank you all so much because i learned a lot today

Why, I have gotten a Mi Max 3 from factory with android 10. I have first flashed Android pie stock rom and than the e-GSI pie. And it works very good (just typing on than device)

Really? Well the branch that I have fork does not have lineage 16, and I cannot create a device tree with lineage because i dont know to do it… I am noob. I will have to learn how to do it this week

Ok, have a look on xiaomi firmware updater website for android 9 firmware.

If available flash it and than try this way [UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Pi/e/ GSI for Mi MaX3 (nitrogen)

Android 9 firmware does not exist for redmi note 9s. i will wain until e rom support Lineage 17. Thanks you very much

AH, OK, that’s bad. But if you want swap from MIUI there is a LOS17 GSI available

i want try e Rom because i dont want use google services. I would like to be a redmi note 9s E Rom maintainer if i build for this device. I’ve been looking for a long time for a rom like this

@andrelam am I right, the script isn’t working anymore because of changed docker command / image?
If yes, could you please update the post?

No, script from github works, only OTA is not working. I have a fix for that, but did not push to github.

Where can I find the script on github?

here I’m planning do push an update today to fix OTA url, if you don’t have custom OTA server you can use the script as-is.

Thanks. I’ve pulled the latest version. When I build I get the error reported in this post

Any idea how to fix?

I’ve just seen this commit
I’m running the previous version - is it likely to fail because it doesn’t have the changes? It didn’t seem to mind having export DEVICE... rather than export DEVICE_LIST...

No, they both work. If you don’t use OTA you can use the master branch as well.

as far as I know the ‘latest’ isn’t working anymore. Best using ‘community’

How calls to /e/ OTA server infrastructure should be removed for custom/unofficial builds ?
Is export OTA_URL=’’ in the build script doing it ?

I don’t know what happens when you pass an empty string, i never checked because i use a custom OTA.

@andrelam are you able to show how to set up an ota URL. I have searched without success