I9305- Flash this patch on your Device

I installed the latest firmware GT-I9305_3IE_1_20140731175530_hyn5whpc8n_fac and installed it with heimdall flash --RECOVERY file

after that TWRP was gone and I installed it again.

Then I installed the e OS again. Still the same problem.

Today I installed twrp-2.8.7.3-i9305.img with heimdall and after that I installed the patch for the sim support and the e OS. First the e-0.17-n. Same problem. Installation stops in the middle.

Then I installed the patch again with the e-0.16-n. Installation runs fine but sim card is not detected.

1 Like

please read the guide and follow the link to install Samsung Stock firmware not by flashing the compressed firmware folder to the /recovery partition but each “.img file” and “.bin file” contened in the firmware to the corresponding partition ( about 20 or 30 partitions are listed in the pit file ).
( it is easier with Odin Windows, only 4 “.tar.md5” files : BL, AP, CP, CSC )

1 Like

Is there any way to use the command line to install the firmware? I can’t install the heimdall-gui. Don’t know why. I just downloaded the whole zip file of the firmware.

It is explained with

heimdall --help

I did find this blog: Flashing stock firmware onto a Samsung Galaxy S9+ (SM-G965F) on Ubuntu 18.04 using Heimdall – Aral Balkan

Is heimdall-flash definitely not provided by your package manager?

I just installed the heimdall-gui. But it says:
ERROR: Protocol initialisation failed!

You are aware of:

There are some issues there mention that error! :slight_smile:

Package name may be
heimdall-frontend
what distribution do you use ?

I just try to find the right partitions to the right files. Do I have to install all of the files in the firmware folder? I don’t know where I must install TZSW, MD5HDR, BOTAO and so on.

Heimdall frontend runs. But the problem is the right file in the right folder.

That is some heavy duty detective work!

When you have your print-pit file in front of you, most of the pieces will fit in a fairly intuitive manner. When you have the first few [partition – file] pairings done, the remainder should become easier! The blog post seems to explain better than me!

(post deleted by author)

To me the problem seems to be that I don’t have the right firmware-file. On the links above there are different patches with zip files for the I9305. I don’t know which is the right one.

LINK:samfw.com/firmware/GT-I9305/DBT
LINK:samfw.com/firmware/GT-I9305/DTM
LINK:samfw.com/firmware/GT-I9305/DNF
LINK:sfirmware.com/samsung-gt-i9305/

There are different patches for the same phone. This is not an easy solution. I better leave fingers from smartphones. :slight_smile:

P.S. I could not post the links here.

Hi, @h2b2, did you already search this forum for other user’s experience?

You might check your device codename

Others have given negative feedback about samfw_com you might do beter to rely on these sources

In that manual it says:

In a command windows/terminal type this:
adb shell getprop ro.product.device

When I type that command my terminal says:

error: no devices/emulators found

Did

adb devices

find the device?

So you are in germany, some Samsung firmware are carrier dependant, one is free of carrier.
What kind of Samsung firmware is actually installed on your phone ?
it is noticed on the stock download mode screen (model number),

and on the stock recovery mode,
screen (Release on top, and CSC on bottom)

No. It says:

adb devices

List of devices atached

What is the stock download mode screen Release and CSC?

So that is a negative, adb fails to contact atm!

(The explanation is, List of devices should return your device ID - when you get that reply, the device is not contactable)