Is Asus Zenfone 8 still maintained - no updates for 5 months

I have been using a Asus Zenfone 8 (sake) for over a year but have not received any updates since January, version 1.19. Where does one look to confirm a version is still being maintained?

Simply look at https://images.ecloud.global/dev/sake

Thank you. I can see 1.19 is the last version for Android S(12) but there are newer versions for Android T(13). I looked for instructions on how to upgraded to T(13) but do not see any. The Zenfone 8 official install documentation still only mentions Android 12. Please help again with where to find upgrading instructions.

1 Like

The upgrade instructions are replaced by advice to treat the upgrade as a new install, following the install (CLI) instructions.

You say that Android 12 is mentioned. This refers to collecting the latest asus firmware. (The implication is that Asus made the latest firmware revision for Android 12).

Based on the above /e/OS install instructions are based on first “returning to Stock ROM” in order to provision your device with latest firmware.

So just download, reboot to recovery and apply
(DON’T FACTORY-RESET)

Thank you for the feedback. This will be my first manual update so please confirm two points:

1. I can go straight from version 1.19 (Android 12) to 2.1 (Android 13)? Skipping the 3 versions in between and upgrading to Android 13.
  2. this post ([HOWTO] Update /e/) is still how I should update?

Upgrade to a higher version of /e/OS-S (A12) to /e/OS-T (A13)

Manually upgrading /e/OS: Use this LineageOS upgrade guide for orientation

As your device is not maintened anymore by its vendor, (no official stock upgrade or update)

to get illustrations, you can go direct to point (8) or (9) of this guide :

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.