Is it possible to make Q builds using Docker?

You guess right… He doesn’t know. :slight_smile:

But local_manifests methods works fine.

Sadly, not for me :frowning:
I’ve tried to build with a local manifest, but I’m getting the same error:

>> [Thu Nov 12 17:16:35 UTC 2020] Copying '/srv/local_manifests/*.xml' to '.repo/local_manifests/'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/root/build_manifest.py", line 61, in <module>
    f.write(xmlstr)
TypeError: write() argument must be str, not bytes

My build command (pretty much copied from your script, but modified for m own setup) is

sudo docker run \
-v "/srv/e/src:/srv/src" \
-v "/srv/e/zips:/srv/zips" \
-v "/srv/e/logs:/srv/logs" \
-v "/srv/e/manifests:/srv/local_manifests" \
-v "/srv/e/userscripts:/srv/userscripts" \
-v "/srv/e/ccache:/srv/ccache" \
-e "ANDROID_JACK_VM_ARGS=-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8  -XX:+TieredCompilation -Xmx10G" \
-e “INCLUDE_PROPRIETARY=false” \
-e “SIGNATURE_SPOOFING=restricted” \
-e "CCACHE_SIZE=200G" \
-e “BRANCH_NAME=v0.12.10-q” \
-e "DEVICE_LIST=lilac" \
-e "REPO=https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/os/releases.git" \
registry.gitlab.e.foundation:5000/e/os/docker-lineage-cicd:community

My roomservice.xml contains

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>

<!-- SONY -->
    <project name="whatawurst/android_kernel_sony_msm8998" path="kernel/sony/msm8998" remote="github" revision="lineage-17.1" />
    <project name="whatawurst/android_device_sony_yoshino-common" path="device/sony/yoshino-common" remote="github" revision="lineage-17.1" />
    <project name="whatawurst/android_device_sony_lilac" path="device/sony/lilac" remote="github" revision="lineage-17.1" />

<!-- Pinned blobs for lilac -->
    <project name="whatawurst/android_vendor_sony_lilac" path="vendor/sony/lilac" remote="github" revision="lineage-17.1" />

</manifest>

The compute instance I am using is running Ubuntu 18.04 which is what I have used for previous successful nougat and pie builds.

I also tried with `-e “BRANCH_NAME=v1-q”, and without the ANDROID_JACK_VM arguments

I bet the issue comes from the way you set-up your volumes.

-v "/srv/e/src:/srv/src" \

The above is wrong.

-v "/hereyoushouldputhterealpathtothe/e/src:/srv/src" \

Basically, if your build directory is on /users/home/peter/e/src, then you should write it all, starting from the root of your system.

See for me, it’s /media/HDD_3To/etc…

src

No - it’s correct. I’m not using my own machine,I’m using a remote compute instance at OvH, with a big volume mounted at /srv. All the build directories exist there. This setup has worked fine in the past.

Ah… Maybe someone else could help then…

Hi @Manoj
Can you give any idea when this fix will be made available in the community Docker image?
Thanks

The check in is getting delayed because the team is focusing on resolving the issue we faced with the previous set of builds. That issue is almost resolved…the testing is progressing smoothly. The expectation is by the coming week we should first be able to release all dev and upgrade builds and then the team should be able to concentrate on merging this and a number of other pending MR’s … I have about 10 MR’s pending for merge so believe me when I say I am waiting for this backlog to clear :crossed_fingers:

OK thanks @Manoj . I’ll find something else to do until then :slight_smile:

The fixed build of Docker seems to be working as designed now (though it’s not yet in the main community branch

Thanks

Thanks for the update. We will move it to the community branch now that it is verified :slight_smile:

Update: The image has been moved to the community image and the below should now work

docker pull registry.gitlab.e.foundation:5000/e/os/docker-lineage-cicd:community
1 Like