Issue with MMS + Internet APN

sorry my english is too bad to write a translation of my answer.:woozy_face:

Yes, this was the purpose of my ticket : to find someone with a single Orange or Sosh APN that works with both Internet and MMS :blush:

Provenance :
Courrier
pour Windows 10

And is solved now ?? If Yes, could you please edit your headline to “[SOLVED] Issue with MMS + Internet APN” ?

I am moving at that time, I will be able to test the configuration provided by @alezan this Saturday in the afternoon (CET).

I will tell you, @harvey186 ! :slight_smile:

B.R.

Eric

Hello @alezan,

I have tested your configuration for “Orange World” APN. This issue is that I cannot save any API with MNC at “01” : It deletes the entry !

I tried 20+ times to see if it should come from a random bug, but

• either I create the APN with the default MNC, save it, then change the MNC to 01 and save again the APN, the APN disappears
  • or I create the APN with the MNC at 01 from the beginning and nothing is saved

It is really disturbing !

@harvey186, I believe there is a bug INSIDE the bug :smiley:

Eric

I don’t understand why this APN must be 01. On German.and Austria networks I can create 10 or more APN which I can select and use manually.

Hello!

MNC at 01 is for Orange network, regarding the documentation.

B.R.

Éric

Télécharger Outlook pour Android

Hi @edejaeger ,
Did you tried to re-initialize default network’s parameters ?

Hello Torn,

Yes, I did it.

… And I am still looking for some help to make it work :slightly_smiling_face:

I will open an issue on the Git Lab…

Télécharger Outlook pour Android

Salut @alezan,
J’ai le meme problème de MMS avec un Samsung J5 depuis la MàJ e-0.7-o-2019101026628-dev-j5lte.zip
J’ai essayé de faire la modification du fichier /system/build.prop
Le problème chez moi est que ce fichier est en readonly. Je n’arrive donc pas à le modifier.
Je suis bien en adb root et je peux voir le contenu de build.prop mais je ne peux pas le modifier.
Quelle manip puis-je faire à ce niveau là ?
En tous cas, merci pour le boulot que vous faites :slight_smile:

@alezan
Re
J’avais oublié la commande remount !!!
J’ai bien modifié le fichier build.prop mais cela ne résout pas mon problème d’envoi de MMS :frowning:

Est ce que tu as bien redémarrer ton téléphone ?

Les commande a passer son
adb root
adb remount
adb shell
echo “ro.telephony.mms_data_profile=5” >> /system/build.prop
exit
adb reboot

Puis redémarrer le tel

Salut Alezan,
Merci de ta réponse.
Oui j’ai bien redémarré le tel mais je crois que le problème vient de la nouvelle mise à jour (celle du 09/10/2019)
Encore merci

@ kingantoin au niveau des apn tu as quoi ?
je n’ai pas le soucis avec la mise a jour du 09/10/2019.

Alors, le problème est réglé pour moi.
J’ai vérifié plusieurs fois les données des APN et je n’ai pas vu de défaut.
Cependant cela ne marchait toujours pas.
En fait, j’ai supprimé les APN et effectué “Rétablir param. par défaut” et ça réglé mon problème.
Ok pour moi.

Merci Alezan.

1 Like

Super :sunglasses: !!

Bonjour @kingantoin
quand tu dis que ton problème est réglé, cela veut dire que tu peux envoyer des mms sans avoir les données mobiles activées ?

hello@kingantoin
when you say your problem is solved, does that mean you can send mms without having the mobile data enabled?

Bonjour @claudiousse,
Non, les données mobiles sont activées. Je ne pouvais seulement plus envoyer de MMS malgré cela.

Sur un autre téléphone, avec un forfait FREE à 2euros (donc données payantes) j’ai contourné le problème en désactivant les données mobiles dans l’interface des options de cet abonnement mais en gardant les données mobiles activées sur le téléphone.
Du coup, les MMS passent par le wifi

Merci pour l’info @kingantoin

Hi!

The issue is still here on my Samsung S7+ with the same virtual ISP: NRJ. I cannot send MMS.

I found on the Internet that there are two distinct APNs for Internet and MMS, resp. It seems to be correctly configured by default. It seems that he problem is that the phone cannot use both at the same time.

There are two APNs:

• fnetnrj that brings an internet connection but not MMS (selected by default with a radio button) and
  • mmsnrj that brings MMS but not an internet connection (cannot be selected as there are no radio buttons to select it)

I prepended default, to the field “APN type” of “mmsnrj”. Then the radio button appeared so it was possible to select it and to switch between the two APNs. Both APNs work correctly but when I choose one the other is disabled. This is what makes me think that the problem is that /e/OS cannot manage two complementary APNs at the same time.

0.9-o-2020051554229-stable-star2lte
SM-G965F