[LIST] Apps that work or do not work with microG

Pluxee app does work partially for viewing account but payment is not possible most likely due to the lack of google pay.

Pokemon Go was working till February 1st.

After much effort and web searching, Iā€™m guessing itā€™s the start of the SafetyNet sutdown causing that.

1 Like

Okay, the effectiveness of MicroG is key for apps which depend on Google Services, but I know the privacy settings in /e/OS also play a part in this. Some apps do not work with a hidden IP. So I guess some apps in the list of ā€˜not working with MicroGā€™ may not work because of the Advanced Privacy setting, not because of MicroG.

My phone pass completely in safetynet and do not authenticate in pokemon go, not with Gacc, not even facebook, I think is something new in Gservices not implemented in microG

Pokemon Go had an update today and the updated version works. So that can go back on the list. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi! I just created an account here because Iā€™d like to check whether Iā€™ll buy me an e/OS smartphone. But I need certain (medical) apps to work. I couldnā€™t find them in the lists and tables above, so if I list them here, could someone check them for me? Pretty please? :slight_smile:

By all means, list away.

1 Like

Here it comes :slight_smile:

Medical:

• MiniMed ā„¢ Mobile (app that gathers info from insulin pump + makes notifications to the user);
  • CareLink ā„¢ Connect (app that transmits glucose info to insulin pump-user + caregiver);
  • Guardian ā„¢ (app that gathers info only from the glucose transmitter);
  • Mijn Eetmeter (Dutch app to calculate food nutritients, needed for the glucose & insulin apps mentioned above);
  • Helena (Belgian app to receive digital prescriptions from your General Practitioner);
  • MyNexUZhealth (Belgian app to register in several hospitals, see appointments and lab results, ā€¦ even pay your bills);

To pay with:

• Bonsai (app that creates a digital credit card from your debet card, works with Google Pay, but itā€™s not necessary to link both apps, so I wonder whether Bonsai is still usable as stand-alone-app to pay with in stores, restaurants, ā€¦);
  • Payconiq (the app from Bancontact, which manages debet card payments in all Belgium), I thought I read someone mentioned above it does not work on e/OS?
  • Triodos (bank app, just to check your accounts and make credit transfers between accounts/banks, not used to pay with)

Public transport:

• NMBS (Belgian train, both to look up itineraries AND buy tickets - are both possible on e/OS?);
  • Eurostar (Benelux + Germany + UK high-speed trains, to look up itineraries AND buy tickets);
  • De Lijn (Belgian/Flemish public transport);
  • STIB/MIVB (Brussels public transport).

For fun:

• Evie (launcher);
  • Your Calendar Widget (super-adjustable widget that takes data from your calendar accounts on your smartphone).

Could someone please check whether these apps work on e/OS?
(I couldnā€™t find them in the table above or on this page, but I might have missed someā€¦)

Thanks in advance! I hope most of them are available, so it would make my decision to switch to e/OS a lot easier :sweat_smile: :crossed_fingers:t2:

This didnā€™t work for me: the app needed to take a photo of my face,using Google APIs and/or Libraries that are not yet implemented by microG

Yes, PokĆ©mon Go working again but the adventure sinc donā€™t work. So, will be hard to hatch eggs hehe
And, if you try to give physical activity permission, get a soft ban

Thank you for trying! I think the face-picture is only to login as a new customer. If you already are a client, you might be able to login simply with your usual credentials (I hope)ā€¦

aaaand ā€¦ the new Pokemon Go version worked for one day, then went back to ā€œfailed to authenticateā€. Ugh.

1 Like

Too bad! I was encouraged by your earlier report because it is a needed app by one member in my family, they wonā€™t consider switching to /e/ until PokĆ©mon Go is functional.

Iā€™m going to keep poking at it; the fact that it worked at all for a bit does make me hopeful that itā€™s something about my setup rather than something genuinely systemic.

Same happened with me mi9SE grus v1. 20T. Pokemon Go donā€™t want us playing hehe.

I tried it in several configs after updating to 1.20 (which meant Iā€™d have to re-setup magisk anyway); Pokemon Go doesnā€™t work unrooted or with any variation I could think of.

Bummer.

1 Like

I was able to install most of the apps but with limitations. I live in the U.S. so canā€™t do much and Iā€™m rooted.
Teracube 2e emerald, /e/OS 1.14-r (Android 11).

• Medtronic apps (MiniMed, CareLink, Guardian) do not work on a ā€œmodified operating system (jailbroken or rooted)ā€.
  • Mijn Eetmeter works up until login/registration.
  • Helena shows main screen. Anything else requires login/registration via web.
  • NMBS (SNCB/NMBS?) works as far as moving around the app.
  • Eurostar. Same.
  • STIB-MIVB. Same.
  • De Lijn. Same.

I donā€™t have Bancontact Payconiq, only the others like BIL. Some 2023 posts say that Bancontact works if not rooted I think.
Couldnā€™t find MyNexUShealth. Closest was nexushealth CPV and didnā€™t test.
Could not find Bonsai. Way too many tree related apps found. Not the best name for a wallet app.
Triodos is already in the list.

• Evie. Havenā€™t used that in ages. Had no idea it was still active. Lots of trackers. Crashes constantly. Wonā€™t get past the start screen. Ads present though I blocked them in App Manager. Crash dump shows it is nothing related to Google or microG.
  • Your Calendar Widget works. Section on purchasing or subscribing to Pro seems to do nothing.
1 Like

Thank you so much for trying! That is really helpful!
For the Medtronic apps though, I think Iā€™ll need to check with the company itself :unamused:

Before contacting Medtronic, just install one or more of the apps and see what happens. My failure was due to root.
All of my ROMs are rooted but then I remembered I have an Amazon Fire HD tablet with no Google, no microG, no root, and locked bootloader. Alas, the apps failed due to ā€˜Unsupported Deviceā€™.

Try the apps. If they fail share the reason why.
An unlocked bootloader could cause a failure. I only recently realized/discovered that just having developer options enabled can cause some app to fail.

Given the sensitive nature of medical information I can kind of see why the company takes such measures.

Thanks for your advice! The problem is, I have no smartphone with e/OS yet. Before buying a new smartphone with e/OS, Iā€™d like to be sure the essential apps will be working. So no way to figure that out other than to ask someone who has the OS already on their phone :blush:

1 Like