[LIST] Banking Apps on /e/OS

I’m using Samsung Galaxy S10 and have installed /e/OS V1 into it. I can install OP-mobiili, but when I open the app, I get this message (rough translation): “The use of OP-mobiili has been denied, as your device is rooted. Problem may be solved if you update the OS.”

Does this only work with the Murena devices or what is the trick to get it working on a rooted device?

1 Like

I have Redmi Note 8T, so not Murena device. But with Murena devices running stable build V1, should work out of the box. The “trick” I use is ih8sn which is preinstalled at stable V1. It would be offtopic to go through all steps here, so I might write about it to banking apps how-to thread later on.

3 Likes

Itsme works for me on BQ aquaris x pro and /e/OS v1. Maybe try identifying yourself with your bank first rather than through federal services. (You must know as well as I do that not everything federal in Belgium works very well) I am with CBC/KBC and it works for me.

I have to choose. Itsme is working. Mybankapp’argenta’ is working. The pay app 'bancontact ’ isn’t working. :frowning:
Bancontact is not inside my bankapp.

I can choose bancontact when i’m root. But when I’m root it is not possible run itsme :frowning:

:disappointed_relieved: Maybe a patch will come to fix it. I hope for you.
Never try to use Payconic inside CBC.

I wrote some guidelines at here:

Answering this as own post, cause can’t edit my previous one to add just link. But since offtopic in here, I won’t cotinue this here any more than this

1 Like

I successfully installed the new (blue) DKB Banking App from App Lounge and it works fine. The only thing I have noticed is that you can’t use fingerprint for security confirmation when you want to send money. But you can use the PIN instead.
I haven’t tried the TAN2Go-App from DKB yet…
I am on a Samsung Galaxy S7 with /e/OS 1.0 Q.

Hi there,

with my GS290 and eOS 1.0 the follow Bankingapps works fine…

• VR Banking - Deine mobile Bank
  • VR SecureGo plus
  • V-Pay - Pay - Deine Bezahl-App

greetings

Stefan

ZKB Access and ZKB TWINT work fine for me (eOS 1.0).

UK bank Smile’s app still does not work on v1.0 :frowning: . It presents a message saying

This device does not meet the security requirements for this application

Hello,
I am successfully using the following banking apps on my Fairphone 4 with /e/OS:

• App: SEB (se.seb.privatkund); Country: Sweden; Bank: SEB; Comment: requires BankID for login
  • App: meineSmartId (at.hypovbg.smartid); Country: Austria; Bank: Hypobank Vorarlberg; Comment: used to login into online banking. Had to be installed via Aurora Store as it was not available.

Currently using the following finance apps in India with no issues.

• Paytm
  • Cred
  • IDFC First Bank
  • PayZapp
  • HDFC Bank

I am on Redmi Note 5 Pro

I went to LOS+microG because I was experiencing installation problems with a new phone (Sake)
At that time, the app Payconique (Bancontact) and also Itsme (Belgium EID) worked surprisingly.

Since yesterday I am back on /e/ today v1.1 but Payconique refuses to start due to USB debugging or rooted phone :frowning_face:
App Itsme works
App Argenta works

I have an FP4 with /e/os 1.1 (same thing previously with 1.0) with unlocked bootloader and magisk installed (zygisk and the whole shebang).

This has worked nicely for my regular don’t-like-root apps (Vipps, NFC Nice Ticket, other banking apps), but has failed with BankID (no.vipps.bankid). I’ve tried with enforcing DenyList in Magisk and with Shamiko (or whatever it’s called), but a recent search led me to try IceBox, where I freeze Magisk (it’s also hidden, so running under another name), and now BankID actually works too!

It’s obviously far more hoops than I’d like to jump through (also means I have to fix magisk every upgrade, since the patched boot thing is overwritten), but at least it works.

Tried to remove Shamiko from the equation, and that works as well. Most my apps work with just the magisk DenyList, but BankID also requires the IceBox trick.

The bastard also requires me to change to a recognized keyboard! I use anysoftkeyboard, and I’m happy there. Think I need to talk to the app maintainers.

I found a solution on XDA (phone must be rooted)

I think this projekt has potential

Paypal works
Itsme works
Bank app Arganta works

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Annoyingly, Vipps has stopped working for me. After a recent update, they now discover both Magisk, Zygisk, Shamiko and all the other various root-hide methods I have. Magisk Delta didn’t fix it either.

Hello! I’m interested in reporting which banking apps work fine with /e/ OS.

However, I’d like to know if this has to strictly include banking apps or if apps for prepaid accounts can also be included. Here in Chile, there’s a great lot of apps that are for signing up with and managing prepaid accounts with virtual (and sometimes physical) prepaid cards, too.

1 Like

As it have been said, you have to reflash the “patched-boot.img” after every /e/update…

1 Like

Update: still Swish app, and /e/OS 1.1, Swish displays but do not read the QR.
I found a workaround: In the scanning interface there is a button to use a picture instead.
So you can take a picture of the swish QR code using a camera app, then in Swish select that picture, and it works.

I contacted Swish and first they say they do not support altered Andrioids, but after i told them other banking apps and nation supported ID apps works flawlessly they said they should convey it higher internally.

2 Likes