Lost all apps after updating /e/ OS

Hi, I just lost all my apps after updating /e/ OS on my fp4. I installed /e/ last week, seems to work fine, but I got surprised that I have to re-install apps after updating the OS. Can this be prevented?

Doesn’t sound normal.
How exactly did you update?

And the Apps were really not installed anymore, it was not just an empty home screen or something like that?

1 Like

I got an update message, downloaded and installed, pretty straightforward.
Could it be related to the bootloader issue? After the installation of /e/ the bootloader is still unlocked (message at start up) and I did not dare to touch it, given the reports on this forum.

After re-starting I again get the message that an update is available /e/OS 1.10. Weird, I just installed this one.

Time to check what exactly is running now …

Apart from that, I’m running an unlocked bootloader (deliberately) on a Fairphone 3, and updates work like they should.

got you, sorry to be vague
About phone: SM-G960F
/e/OS version: 1.9-s-20230310268290-stable-FP4
Android version 12
device: FP4

sorry!
it should read:

/e/OS version: 1.9-s-20230310268290-stable-FP4
Android version 12
device: FP4

1 Like

Interesting. So the update failed.

I only have more of an update-unrelated idea why Apps would be gone perhaps, but only if you use an SD card in the phone and configured it to be used as Internal Storage (as opposed to external/portable storage) … https://forum.fairphone.com/t/a-little-guide-to-using-sd-cards/37297

weird, I just tried again, kept an eye on the screen and it now works and the phone gets updated to v1.10.

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.