Mail app doesn't sync

Hello team,
The inbuilt mail app sometimes doesn’t sync properly. Sync is enabled in the settings. This behaviour is peculiar and difficult to understand as I’m not sure when the sync is disabled. One of the best guess is that when the phone is in the same network for very long time I’ve noticed this issue.!
The moment I switch to WI-FI it starts syncing again.I use one plus x and this problem has been there from day 1. Sometimes I also get to see the message next sync 4 hours ago
Let me know any more details required.
Screenshot_20181012-093127|281x500

Yes I also see “Syncing disabled” displayed under my Inbox header and I have been home a while. I only use the built in mail client for my e.email account so I am not in it too often but I will check it when I go to work and come back home to see what the connection status is.
Did you check for an existing Issue on https://gitlab.e.foundation?

Nope. I don’t have an account

Hi!
Thank you for reporting this issue. We are aware of it and are in the process of working on a fix.

If you’re interested in applying the fix manually please do the following:

1. Go to System Settings > Battery > 3 dot menu > Battery optimisation
  2. Click on the drop down menu “Not optimised” and select “All apps”
  3. Click on “Mail” > Don’t optimise

Now you can go back to the email app and manually sync your email once. The automatic sync should now start working reliably.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Okay. Thanks. I will try that. :+1:

Great! Please do let me know how it goes and if you have any other questions or concerns…

@nihar1024! Your solution works. I have waited for couple of days or more before providing the feedback to ensure I have given it enough time to make correct observation. The idea works, and I don’t see any significant impact in the battery life too. Thanks again.

1 Like

Glad I could help! Please do let me know if you have any other questions or concerns…

Update: We have now disabled battery optimization for the Mail app by default in /e/ 0.1 and 0.2. This means that emails should sync more reliably and new email notifications should work better too.
Please install the latest OTA update to see the changes!

1 Like

Hello,

i have a problem with Mail syncing since the last few days. When i read or delete a mail, it seems it doesn’t sync my mail’s servers : all the mails that i read or delete on the Mail app appear as unread and undeleted on my computer after (on Thunderbird). Some mails deleted on the Mail app are coming back on it as unread too.

I have searched in the settings something that could cause that but i don’t find anything. By the way, battery optimization is off for Mail, i have checked. Anyone as the same problem or know how to solve it ?

Thanks for your time.

As of today, jan. 5 2020 my mailbox is completely empty in the app on the phone, on my computer everything is normal.