Microsoft Edge is Coming to Linux

Sorry but I did not understood what you mean.
If it’s about Ubuntu partnering with Microsoft, yes, I don’t like it. One of the reasons I’m using Bodhi right now is that it is almost clear of many things the regular Ubuntu brings. And, like you said, I also like to support the

:smiley:

1 Like

Ps I think the Mint developers have their eyes on the ball over ubuntu control and are putting steps in place to deviate??

Yes, they do.

LMDE is a Linux Mint project which stands for “Linux Mint Debian Edition”. Its goal is to ensure Linux Mint would be able to continue to deliver the same user experience, and how much work would be involved, if Ubuntu was ever to disappear. LMDE is also one of our development targets, to guarantee the software we develop is compatible outside of Ubuntu.
LMDE aims to be as similar as possible to Linux Mint, but without using Ubuntu. The package base is provided by Debian instead.

Source: Linux Mint Blog

Cheers!

1 Like

@Andy1 unluckily, I can’t really answer you since I am on Linux
Mint Cinnamon, based on Ubuntu… but I am really tempted to give
LDME a shot! I just need to make some place on my hard drive in
order to install a dual-boot. Or I try it in Live… Hmm…

1 Like

Thank you @facb69 for mentioning Bodhi Linux that I just installed on my 2004 sony windows XP laptop. I installed Legacy version. As the laptop is non-PAE, very few distributions work on it. In fact, only LDME and Bodhi Legacy version are the ones I know that work. I have both of them installed in a dual-boot configuration.

2 Likes

@Andy1 , if you please, what’s the difference from Trisquel and regular Lubuntu? In terms of GUI and performance?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.