Moto G4 Plus (Athene)

I just flash my MotoG4. I did follow https://doc.e.foundation/devices/athene/install and everything went OK.
I did spend few moments with new /e/ and looks very good.

I am looking forward to discover new possibilities tomorrow.

2 Likes

Good to know @jano I have a MotoG4 Athene and am keen to flash /e/ as well. My problem is that it has Motorola factory Oreo on it and unless I am mistaken the /e/ version is Nougat. Does anyone know if regressing to an earlier version is possible or not. I have /e/ on a MotoG2 and Nexus 9 tablet and both are functioning well.

Is it android 8.1?
If yes, then you should be OK.
I had android 8.1.0 on MotoG4 with build version was OPJ28.111.-22 before flash and now I have android 7.1.2.

1 Like

Thanks for that. I will check it out in the next few days

Olá ! Amigo respondendo sua pergunta no que se refere a “REGRESSÃO” eu fiz em meu Moto G4 Plus, Instalei “e_OS” está funcionando perfeitamente.

Thanks. I have installed it. A couple of things to sort but seems to be ok

Hello,
Not sure whether this is the right thread, but what about an android 8.1-based /e/ Rom for Athene? Is it planned?

The stock ROM from Motorola/Lenovo was on 8.1, and last time I checked (~Jan/20) Lineage4microG only had 7.1, while there existed an unofficial LineageOS build for 8.1.
This week’s newsletter would have been more honest with a small text saying that 8.1 is “available only on supported devices” IMO (I got excited and then found out that my /e/ 0.8 has to stay on android 7.1).

Thanks!

same as @zigmhount I would like to know if there is a chance to get /e/ base on 8.1 to my still working MotoG4.

Sadly this device is only suppored by LineageOS on Nougat.
The official support of /e/ for Nougat will end at Q4 2020, and the official support for athene too.

Hopefully, if there is a working LineageOS 15.1 or 16.0 for athene somewhere, an unofficial /e/OS can be built.

An unofficial build on Oreo is already available (and up to date) for this device :

hi @jano I have built an unofficial /e/ Oreo rom for athene which I am using on a daily basis you can find it here.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/flounder-athene/files/Athene/e-0.10-o-20200623-UNOFFICIAL-athene.zip/download
But please read the disclaimer above from @Anonyme

thanks, please what is easiest way to upgrade to your unofficial build? do I need upgrade it over twrp?
I assume that if I have some problems I can go back to official /e/ build.

Yes use twrp. I have had no problems so far

I have updated with @vernr build and it is running OK for few days now.
I am not sure about auto updates. Is it going to notify me if there is new update? or I have to check manually? thanks

Yep @jano will upgrade in the next few days and post here

Oh well … hope I will not get banned ;–)

GApps must always be flashed via recovery (TWRP) right after flashing the ROM (clean flash always perferred) and explicitly before booting the device for the first time. You also must pick and download the appropriate GApps for your platform (phone, tablet).

Maybe Aurora store or espacially my favourite - Raccoon for Linux / Java and even Windows or MacOS - is the better solution to download and look for updates.
Now I shut my mouth.

Sometime my phone restart, its not often so it is not big problem.
I am not watching main /e/ but maybe there is newer version.
Please, can you build update?
thanks