Would like to see a version come to the G7 smartphone to get away from google.
Likewise. Specifically would like to see the Moto G7 Power get some traction against the gulag.
Would anyone here know if there is maybe a generic build that would work on this phone? Gratitude.
Me too. I would like a build for the morotola g7.
Ditto Moto G7 Power.
Same here, waiting for a Moto G7 Power build!
Could we please get /e/ for the:
Motorola G7 Power - Ocean
Lineage OS 16.0, ROM for the Moto G7 Power, ROM for the Moto G7 Power
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Stock Vendor.img
Last Updated 2019-10-01
I do not know whether it is maintained or not.
Link to Cyanogenmod official for Motorola G7 Power - ocean:
Link to XDA Forum Post:
What a despicable comparison (!) Such a mindless saying does not belong in this /e/ forum!
I wrote up some information about how to install /e/ on the G7 and variants like the G7 Power.
Here is link for the unofficial build:
According to @Manoj , the Motorola G7 and the G7 plus is going to go live as an official build 3rd quarter of 2020 (weeks away):
Let’s celebrate! when the official build is released.
Moto G7 Power (Ocean) and Moto G7 Play (Channel) are now officially supported by Lineage. https://www.xda-developers.com/lineageos-17-1-adds-support-google-pixel-3a-google-pixel-4-moto-g7-power-play-huawei-p20-lite-p-smart/
I would like to request support for the Moto G7 Power also.
+1 for Moto G7 official /e/ support!
Just last week installed /e/ (the version found in these fora: 10QQ3A.200805.001 20201212.205157 test keys) on moto g7 power - ocean (in particular, xt1955-5 from a US metro store); metro service seems to be working fine so far, although some device issues have arisen (aside from a bad key warning whenever I start the phone… I have also messed with settings to try to alleviate these issues):
- occasionally the screen drawing will go wacko (I just toggle setting again in displays->advanced->colors),
- USB file transfer seems to pause for about a second after every file! so it ends up being slower than expected,
- phone calls force the screen to go black, and it can not be turned on until the other caller hangs up… so no entry of number options,
- I haven’t found “swipe typing” (maybe that feature is too google?), and next word suggestions don’t come up),
- and the notification light --which I’d never seen before!-- is not responding to my requests for it to go off or at least go dimmer.def would love some moto g7 power support; I’m running an xt1955-5 on the unofficial build and the screen goes black during calls, so it can’t be used for speaker or number entry… I’ve posted that issue elsewhere, just FYI
Hi, I am seeing the builds available for G7 Play but when I tried updating the build with fastboot, it fails to install.
At closer inspection, it looks like the model number of my phone is not in the list - ZY323TZDP3
I am not sure what is the difference here. Does anyone have any clue?
Hate that no one has answer yet, but really I haven’t the foggiest… Staying tuned…
In other news:
Resetting messages cache worked to get my messages going back to where they were supposed to
Screen issue no longer! Idk how that happened,but I think the first time it worked may have been on signal, then others started working, although if I recall some were stubborn for a bit… Now signal has echo issues though where it didn’t before (and I’ve read someone else had a similar problem)
Still wondering about swipe type…
I’m following this thread for a ‘daily driver’ device that yearns to be liberated.
Model: Moto g⁷ power
Hardware version: PVT1
Model Number (SKU): XT1955-6
Current device build:
We’re is the link for the power /e/rom
I think it’s at
If there’s a newer one, I haven’t seen it…
I got that from this thread:
+1 For an official Moto G7 Power build