Motorola G7 build

Would like to see a version come to the G7 smartphone to get away from google.

6 Likes

Likewise. Specifically would like to see the Moto G7 Power get some traction against the gulag.

Would anyone here know if there is maybe a generic build that would work on this phone? Gratitude.

Me too. I would like a build for the morotola g7.

3 Likes

Ditto Moto G7 Power.

2 Likes

Same here, waiting for a Moto G7 Power build!

2 Likes

Could we please get /e/ for the:

Motorola G7 Power - Ocean

XDA:DevDB Information
Lineage OS 16.0, ROM for the Moto G7 Power, ROM for the Moto G7 Power

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Stock Vendor.img

Version Information

Created 2019-09-18
Last Updated 2019-10-01

I do not know whether it is maintained or not.

Link to Cyanogenmod official for Motorola G7 Power - ocean:
https://www.cyanogenmods.org/forums/topic/download-lineageos-16-for-moto-g7-power/

Link to XDA Forum Post:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/g7-power/development/rom-lineage-os-16-0-t3969341

1 Like
2 Likes

What a despicable comparison (!) Such a mindless saying does not belong in this /e/ forum!

1 Like

I wrote up some information about how to install /e/ on the G7 and variants like the G7 Power.

Here is link for the unofficial build:

According to @Manoj , the Motorola G7 and the G7 plus is going to go live as an official build 3rd quarter of 2020 (weeks away):

Letā€™s celebrate! when the official build is released. :tada:

1 Like

Moto G7 Power (Ocean) and Moto G7 Play (Channel) are now officially supported by Lineage. https://www.xda-developers.com/lineageos-17-1-adds-support-google-pixel-3a-google-pixel-4-moto-g7-power-play-huawei-p20-lite-p-smart/

1 Like

I would like to request support for the Moto G7 Power also.

1 Like

+1 for Moto G7 official /e/ support!

1 Like

Just last week installed /e/ (the version found in these fora: 10QQ3A.200805.001 20201212.205157 test keys) on moto g7 power - ocean (in particular, xt1955-5 from a US metro store); metro service seems to be working fine so far, although some device issues have arisen (aside from a bad key warning whenever I start the phoneā€¦ I have also messed with settings to try to alleviate these issues):

• occasionally the screen drawing will go wacko (I just toggle setting again in displays->advanced->colors),
  • USB file transfer seems to pause for about a second after every file! so it ends up being slower than expected,
  • phone calls force the screen to go black, and it can not be turned on until the other caller hangs upā€¦ so no entry of number options,
  • I havenā€™t found ā€œswipe typingā€ (maybe that feature is too google?), and next word suggestions donā€™t come up),
  • and the notification light --which Iā€™d never seen before!-- is not responding to my requests for it to go off or at least go dimmer.def would love some moto g7 power support; Iā€™m running an xt1955-5 on the unofficial build and the screen goes black during calls, so it canā€™t be used for speaker or number entryā€¦ Iā€™ve posted that issue elsewhere, just FYI

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi, I am seeing the builds available for G7 Play but when I tried updating the build with fastboot, it fails to install.
At closer inspection, it looks like the model number of my phone is not in the list - ZY323TZDP3
I am not sure what is the difference here. Does anyone have any clue?

Thanks,
K

Hate that no one has answer yet, but really I havenā€™t the foggiestā€¦ Staying tunedā€¦

In other news:
Resetting messages cache worked to get my messages going back to where they were supposed to

Screen issue no longer! Idk how that happened,but I think the first time it worked may have been on signal, then others started working, although if I recall some were stubborn for a bitā€¦ Now signal has echo issues though where it didnā€™t before (and Iā€™ve read someone else had a similar problem)

Still wondering about swipe typeā€¦

Iā€™m following this thread for a ā€˜daily driverā€™ device that yearns to be liberated.

Model: Moto gā· power
Hardware version: PVT1
Model Number (SKU): XT1955-6
Carrier: Verizon

Current device build:

motorola/ocean_vzw/ocean:10/QCOS30.85-18-9

1 Like

Weā€™re is the link for the power /e/rom

1 Like

I think itā€™s at
https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=17248734326145682633
If thereā€™s a newer one, I havenā€™t seen itā€¦

I got that from this thread:

+1 For an official Moto G7 Power build

2 Likes

+1 for the G7 Power!

Itā€™s officially supported by Lineage, and you already support the other G7 series phones, so it would be great to add the G7 Power as well. Thanks for the consideration!

1 Like