Murena 2 protective cases manufacturing is late. We expected the cases to be available end of January, but the supplier is now planning a production in March.
So we have decided to provide an alternate option for Murena 2 customers to 3D-print their own protective case for the Murena 2.
Images of a sample case created are shared:
Here are the files you can download to 3D print and create this case.
1 - Printable file and EDITABLE file for PLA material (with punch hole on volume button):
User of Murena 2, here is an opportunity to 3D print your protective case.
2 - Printable + editable files for TPU material (covered volume):
Some suggestions for the printing :
- We printed with a 0.6 mm nozzle to go fast, so some printing lines are visible. Printing it with 0.4mm or 0.2mm nozzles will get a smoother finish
- during printing, some structures are created inside the punch holes to support the ranging areas. That is to prevent warping and needs to be removed in the end. So a little dremel machine can be useful.
- the volume button was supposed to be covered under a soft silicon case in the original design. For this reason, two file versions have been created
- One with a punch hole around the volume button (for PLA, rigid plastic) that allows for pressing the button.
- A second version without the punch hole for the volume for TPU material (flexible, so it can be pressed).
User may prefer to print with PLA, but in case they want an extra protection for buttons both options are available.
The date of the vendor providing the protective case is mid-March.
Disclaimer: As a way to foster an open-source spirit and give users a choice, the source files made available here are for the benefit of the community, who can choose to print their 3D case, customize it and share feedback.
Note: the source files are intended for advanced Blender users who want to make a custom case. Inside the file, you’ll find the Murena logo in flattened format, which can be printed on the case. Depending on your design (e.g. embossed or debossed logo) additional steps may be required.
If you don’t intend to customize your case, you can always use the STL files provided here, which are ready to print, for your convenience.