Murena Fairphone 5 is now available for pre-order at murena.com

Murena Fairphone 5, the brand-new deGoogled and sustainable phone is available with /e/OS :partying_face:, the operating system protecting your data.

Pre-order now at murena.com and get a free protective case!

See the details at: https://murena.com/murena-fairphone-5-is-now-available-for-pre-order-at-murena-com/

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

7 Likes

Good news. What about the 50 Mpixel camera? I’m on FP4 but the 48 MP isn’t available yet: do you have some news to share?
https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/backlog/-/issues/4714
By the way: I love /e/ and don’t want to change.

The difference in the camera performance on the FP5 and the default camera has been noted by the development team. The team is working on finding a resolution to the issue and there is an issue around this in Gitlab specifically for the FP5. Issue is marked confidential by the tester and as such will not be vieweable to all. Will update once I have some postive results to share.

1 Like

Great news for fairphone 5!!
I entered the period in my life of choosing my phone based on support of /e os, literally. Very good news for fairphone 5. It would be good plus to see support for volla because volla is alternative durable phone maybe some people need these pyshical features.

Excited for these news!
Will the Murena Fairphone 5 come with /e/OS S or T?

“OS version /e/OS Android 13”
(https://murena.com/shop/smartphones/brand-new/murena-fairphone-5/)

Which is T.

1 Like

Hi @Manoj,

Some users had already received them Fairphone 5. Do you will share a documentation to install /e/OS on it ?

The FP5 with /e/OS has as yet not been shipped to any user. We will share details when the devices start shipping out.

1 Like

No not this one. The Fairphone 5 with Android stock.

We will share the installation guides when we release the FP5 with /e/OS

3 Likes

Thanks for you reply :slight_smile:

I always thought /e/ was based on LineageOS. But now, the new Fairphone is awailable with /e/ close to launch, but there’s no build of Lineage for the FF5 yet.
I know the project grew, and murena partners with Fairphone directly now. Does somebody have an idea how they do it?
Did they surpass their former base and develop it further on their own? Did they get earlier insides on the specks of the FF5, which Lineage as a community project does not have? Can’t their work be used upstream, for a LineageOS version?

1 Like

It was the same on the Fairphone 3, /e/OS was available before official (in their terms) LineageOS.

LineageOS can be forked and there are dedicated developers for /e/OS who can put in the porting work for a new device Murena want to promote and sell.

Quite possible because of the official partnership of Fairphone and Murena/ e foundation.

3 Likes

Hi Manoj.
Off topic but… any news on the FP4 camera 48MP, now that also the FP4 is sell with /e/OS on Fairphone online shop?
Thank you.