Murena Two - Camera USELESS

Hello,
Regardless which lens I’m using, when making a photo, device Murena Two needs approximately 4 seconds (that’s soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long !) to take the picture. To make it clear, from the moment I press the shooting button until the picture is really taken, it takes about 4 seconds. Then, logically, picture is unsharp.
Is it only a problem with my device or do other users have same issue.
Thanks for rapid feedback.
Best regards,
Frank

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/OS the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

It got a lot better here, not 4 seconds at all.

Still, quite slow.

Biggest improvement is that the flash now actually is at the same time as the taking of the picture :blush:

Yes, needs work.

I do have to add that the camera has a really high resolution and the pictures are beautiful!

ok, but what about
https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/backlog/-/issues/7650
I can confirm, one of the cameras does not properly focus and it isn’t really possible to take a sharp picture with it.
By the way, since for one of the cameras the max. resolution is 64 MP does it mean its sensor has this resolution, or that a postprocessing of the available imagery from [possibly] multiple sensors can produce this 64MP resolution as a result?

1 Like

@Manoj Since you posted in another thread:

What is the deadline for this activity? I can’t find the answer to this in GitLab. Thank you.

I agree, the camera is almost useless. I bought three Murena 2’s and they are all the same. It’s kind of embarrassing to show the pics to anyone. The S9+ I bought the M2 to replace is way ahead of this for photo quality. Unfortunately the glass is all crunched on the ol’ Samsung so my plan is to get a nice compact S9 while i wait for the M2 software issues to get sorted out. All these in addition to my Oneplus One and a 5T, and a second S9+. I will still hold in there for the M2 to come around.

is a problem coming from hardware or software (openCamera) ?
I m so happy with /e/os but for taking picture is so orrible…still difficult to have a good picture right now !!!

If it’s from software, wich alternative ?

But the really question …hardware or software ?

Thanks to continue search !
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello everyone!

I used the camera for the first time with version 1.20.
And I have to say that I am very disappointed, I have a Samsung S7 with eOS and a Samsung S9 with eOS both take better photos than the Murena Two.
All videos and photos are blurry.

Does anyone have a workaround or experience whether another photo app delivers better results? Maybe it’s just the wrong settings in the eOS photo app, it offers a lot of setting options.

And what I still don’t understand is why the smartphone has 3 cameras,
which apparently have to be controlled manually. My Samsung S20 FE also had three cameras and I never had to manually switch to a specific camera!

At the moment, I would prefer to send 2 out of 3 of my Murena Two smartphone back.

Quoting from the issue mentioned above

By “all focusing should work fine: I mean that if the focusing does not work, it is a hardware issue. I mean like the pictures in this ticket, where it is obvious there is an issue. For any such case please contact Murena support.”
https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/backlog/-/issues/7650#:~:text=by%20Piotr%20Świątkiewicz-,Shenol%20Mustafov,is%20an%20issue.%20For%20any%20such%20case%20please%20contact%20Murena%20support.,-P

Yeah, exactly. And… I have not received any answer from Murena support about the camera issue. The issue was raised on May 15th, so over a month ago. No reaction and no explanation.

1 Like

When the Forum can’t help we have someone like @Manoj who can chip in sometimes. Manoj can you help out here?

But… wait a second - this is like going in circles. It has already been raised on GitLab (as indicated here) and, in the discussion, one of the developers suggested contacting the helpdesk. So we did (I guess it wasn’t only me). Then, no more communication back to me, despite my repeated requests for feedback or update. This is a serious problem.

1 Like

As I have mentioned before, if the phone is not to your satisfaction, you can contact the helpdesk@e.email ID with your invoice details and request for a refund.

Dear @Manoj! Are you making fun of me now, or your advice is for someone else? I am trying to signal that customer care is beyond bad. It simply does not exist. What can I, as a customer of a company, and owner of their product, think, if I have to keep asking for status updates for weeks until I finally get any feedback, any reaction whatsoever?

Say, I do request a refund - can you tell me if it’s going to happen before everyone forgets such a thing as M2 ever existed? So, months if not years from now (?). You see: I did all Murena wanted me to do. I backed them up with my money. I did not expect to be treated like this when things had gone bad. But they have gone bad, we all have to admit this fact. M2 was removed from Murena’s website and the online shop and the explanation why that happened is dubious.

I urge Murena to start treating their customers properly, we deserve better.

1 Like

You have been mentioning this across the forum in multiple posts that you are having issues with the M2. If the issue is not being resolved by the developers, the best way is to send a mail to the helpdesk and get a refund on your phone. Not sure where the question of making fun comes in. This is standard practice across all customers and companies.

Making fun means: if we know how the helpdesk operates, suggesting another contact with them is AT BEST making fun of me. I think I explained myself in my previous post well enough.

Moreover - how else could I learn what can be done about issues I experience if not talking about those in the appropriate threads and (also) GitLab issues? Isn’t this the way problems should be resolved? Not a single one of the issues I reported is unique to me (apart from the SMS not working on my provider’s network, which has been addressed and the fix must now be tested), so I have normal discussions with other users to find out how to go about those problems and what to do next.

If the helpdesk had reacted on time and taken care of the issues quicker - there would have been less talk on the forum about these few (3-4 as I can tell) issues.

2 Likes

Hi all, the solution for my Murena One (yes, I know it’s not a Murena Two) with the same issue of “blurry camera” with the stock installed Camera app was to download the OpenCamera app from the App Lounge.

It was a bummer at first with the Camera app, but tried different options to pinpoint the issue and my camera hardware works great with the OpenCamera app. Hope that helps!

I still LOVE my Murena One! I wish I could try the Murena Two, but I don’t think it’s available in the USA at the moment…

Manoj, Gael, and all involved in the creation, management, innovation, etc, you’re doing phenomenal work! Please keep up the amazing work of fighting for freedom!

This topic was automatically closed after 180 days. New replies are no longer allowed.