Mute phone under 0.14 q on Samsung Galaxy J5NLTE

I tried e-0.14-q-20210123-UNOFFICIAL-j5nlte.zip from https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=17248734326145720898.

This posting is carrying on the thread under [UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Samsung Galaxy J5 2015 (j5nlte) /e/OS Q

Here also phoning doesn’t work. In addition to the in the above mentioned thread “despite connection is made, it sounds dead”, there is another problem: After dialling, when clicking the receiver symbol in order to start establishing the dialled connection, the telephone GUI closes, saying “Phone keeps stopping / App info / Close app”. Nevertheless the connection is established, albeit mute in both directions. As long as the connection persists, hitting “Close app” brings the same “keeps stopping” requester up again and again, until hanging up the other (called) phone.

Incoming calls are mentioned in the message boxes, where system notifications are displayed. In the status line at top of screen, a small receiver symbol “breathes”. But there is no “shift up to accept/shift down to refuse call” screen, so I don’t know how to (try to) accept call.

I don’t know what to to except downgrading to a rather old build. Maybe I’m missing some adjustment to make things runnings …
I can’t believe that others keep compiling builds for this phone over months that all doesn’t allow one to phone … There must be a problem on my side, am I right?

Any hints welcome.

Good night – Peter

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Hi Peter, did you try Simple Dialer already? Available from Apps. :slight_smile:

No. But thanks for the hint.

It is possible to choose which audio codec shall be used? AFAIR there is a negotiation phase at the beginning phase of establishing a connection. Maybe it helps to exclude some of them from being offered to the communication peer.

That was a known problem in v0.14. It was fixed in v0.15 or 0.16. The workaround for users until the fix was available, was to install Simple Dialer and set it to be the default phone app.

The best solution would be for someone (hellor @itsclarence - are you there? :wink: ) to make an up-to-date build for your device, which will fix this bug, and many more. Though it will of course introduce several new bugs :slight_smile:

I hardly have any spare time left due to my work. But here’s a fresh untested build, so backup first before installing to be safe.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=7161016148664809662

1 Like

A new booting build tested by myself…

1 Like