Last week I switched to /e/ coming from the stock Motorola rom (Android Pie). These are my experiences so far:
- The Android navigation buttons are absent. See this post. I installed an application with similar functionality, but it’s not ideal.
- Call quality is very poor. Didn’t try to call on speaker or bluetooth yet, but playing music through speaker and bluetooth seems ok. UPDATE: call quality is just as bad through speaker and bluetooth headset.
- Battery drains (a lot) faster than my previous rom. But this could be a difference between Orea and Pie?
- When somebody calls me, the zero (‘0’) is missing before the area code. No big deal, just something that I noticed.
- Chromecast support seems to be missing from some applications (Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, NPO (dutch public broadcasting app).
- Location Services did not work in Google Maps (no problem, I did not intent to keep that application on my phone anyway).
What does work:
Almost everything! Having used LineageOS + microG in the past I expected streaming apps (Netflix, Amazon, Fox Sports GO) not to work at all, but it does. Location services work (except for Google Maps), Audio streaming works (Sonos, Spotify Connect), etc.
If only I could fix call audio and make the navigation buttons re-appear this rom is a keeper for me!