Newset 0.9 build update for Samung Galaxy S6 - is it safe now?

Good morning,

coming back to this topic, where we discussed issues with updates inherent in the 0.8 build for my Samsung Galaxy S6 that lead to my phone not functioning properly, my device now announces to me that new updates are available that are denoted as 0.9 builds.

In the aforesaid thread user archje mentioned that

A change for the better can only be expected with the migration to /e/ OS 9-pie.

I haven’t tested these updates yet, but before I again go through the whole procedure of installing the new build and then returning to a previous build by means of a backup, can someone give me the green light as to downloading and installing the newest 0.9 build update dated from the 15th of May on my Samsung Galaxy S6 device?

Kind regards
Forumsnutzer

Good morning,

0.9 doesn’t mean Pie. 0.9 is just the version of /e/, not the version of Android.

Check the issue on the gitlab to see if it’s solved or not. If you see nothing, it’s probably not solved.

For information only - Subject: Galaxy S6 Edge e-0.9-n-2020051554230-dev-zeroltexx

That’s good to know, thank you. How can I find out which Pie version is behind which update?

Where can I do so?

Yeah, sounds spookily familiar…

Sorry for asking again, but I would kindly like to ask if could you answer the aforesaid questions?
Right now I am more or less in the dark as to when or whether at all I can safely update the /e/ system on my device again, if ever. Thank you! :slight_smile:

Sorry, I “forgot” you :wink:

Here is the topic about it, you will find the link of the issue :

For now it’s not solved so do not update.

Alright, I will keep an eye an it, thank you!