No SMS notifications

Hi,
Since I updated to 2.0 and now to 2.3 I don’t receive notifications for SMS.
It is exactely the same but as this one .
Note that I am using /e/ on a Galaxy S7 pre-installed with /e/ from the foundation.
The notification button is grey for messages and I can’t change it.
Any help would be very welcome !
best,
Vince

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/OS the deGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

The default SMS app Messages does not use the default (system) Notification. The notification is set within the app itself.

Open the app, top left 3 bar menu > Settings > Notifications > Notifications Tap to customise. Now it is a little unintuitive (the heading is default) the switch appears greyed out but you can set Sound and Vibrate.

Hi, many thanks. I’ve checked all that everything is on but I don’t get the notification. Niether any sound nor any light nor anything in the notification bar.
There must be something i do wrong.
Bedt

Did you check and listen to the sound you are setting for use? It is possible to set “Silent”.

The light on my Moto is slightly complex, it works for me, but that is set in Notifications.

Note that we had a thread here about missing notification sounds which has been closed for absolutely no reason some days ago. I made an ordinary case about that problem (seen there).

But the problem here seems to be more general when also no LED and no entry in the notification area do occur.

Yes i checked the sound and changed it to be sure. I get absolutely nothing when a message arrives.

This may be of no help but I had this problem after updating to 2.3 and I discovered my Do not disturb had been turned on. Kind of obvious but the thing is I never use it which is what threw me off