Not finding OTA updates for Samsung Galaxy 7

Hi all,

First off, thanks to everyone who contributes to /e/.

I have been using /e/ on a Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930F) since late 2021, and it’s been great. I’ve been doing OTA updates since they became available, without any problems. However, I am currently stuck on v1.17, as 1.18 (and more recently 1.19) have not been appearing as available, even after manual refreshes:

Any help much appreciated.

we S7 users need to wait for the OS-upgrade which is under testing since a few weeks (keep fingers crossed!) :slightly_smiling_face:, until then we´re stuck on 1.17:

2 Likes

Many thanks @obacht :slight_smile:

1 Like

Under testing is an OTA upgrade which will be made available via the updater, but only on the stable release channel, as stated.
Your version number in the screenshot suggests you are on the dev release channel, not stable (here’s how to know for sure … [HOWTO] Give complete /e/OS version info easily for support, answers, comparison etc). This means once the upgrade becomes available, you would not get it via the updater and would have to upgrade manually, before future OTA updates based on the new Android version would then become available via the updater again.

3 Likes

Thanks for the additional info - will look at switching to the stable channel.

There’s progress in sight: Week 08 2024: Development and Testing Updates - #9

1 Like

It took me a while to get round to this, but successfully upgraded using the process here:

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.