Notes have been deleted / Notizen wurden gelöscht

download abe.jar from release page, sqlite3 is most likely present. “adb backup” prompts on the handheld screen to set a password

adb backup foundation.e.notes
java -jar abe.jar unpack backup.ab decrypt.tar <password>
tar vxf decrypt.tar apps/foundation.e.notes/db/OWNCLOUD_NOTES --to-stdout > notes.db
echo "select content from NOTES union select content from Note;" | sqlite3 -csv notes.db > notes.csv
went with python first, then later saw there's the simpler java package.. script is interesting though
apt install python3-pycryptodome
git clone https://github.com/lclevy/ab_decrypt && cd ab_decrypt
sed -i 's|^from Crypto\.|from Cryptodome\.|g' ab_decrypt.py
python3 ab_decrypt.py --backup backup.ab --pw <password> -o decrypt.tar
1 Like
2 Likes

Hey, I’m still having problems with restoring my notes and am desperately looking for help. Can anyone share ideas with me what to do?

I lost my notes that were only in the internal storage of my phone and not synched to the cloud, as there wasn’t enough storage in the cloud and I didn’t actually intend to use the cloud. Inside the cache it displayed there were still 10MB, so I hoped that they were actually inside the storage of the phone, but couldn’t access them.

I just decided to try doing the update, unfortunatelly when I open the notes app it only says “welcome to notes” and a button “select account”.
Is there anything I can still do to get the notes back?

Still says there’s 10MB inside the storage of the notes app, so I hope my notes are still there? :disappointed_relieved:

I am also able to use adb commands with instructions. Unfortunatelly my phone isn’t rooted, doesn’t simply have the options to do that in the developer settings, and also doesn’t have TWRP installed.

Any ideas what to do? Would still be very very grateful :sweat_smile:

I understand this is the case with a stable build – are you using a stable build ?

1 Like

Hi, thanks for your answer!

Version is 1.13-q-20230724313392-stable-star2lte

Prior to Android 12 based /e/OS this was connected to passing SafetyNet or not, so stable builds had SafetyNet passing while dev builds had the Rooted Debugging setting … SafetyNet on /e/OS Community "dev" devices - let it in or not?

Q (Android 10) is prior to Android 12, so the stable build doesn’t have the Rooted Debugging setting.