Old Galaxy S7 with old eOS ... install all upgrades, or jump straight to the latest one?

So, I have an old(er) Samsung Galaxy S7, purchased used from the e-Store back when y’all first started selling phones.

I haven’t used it in a year or two (got a new Nord from y’all) … I just fired it up now, and it is still running 0.19-20211023142428 … so, over a year old, with seven new System updates available.

Should I walk through installing all of them, one after another, in order … or can I jump straight to the newest System upgrade?

Danke

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

'herolte` is at Android 10 = Q today; it will depend how far back you are with Android version ! [HOWTO] Give complete /e/OS version info easily for support, answers, comparison etc ; basically you should be thinking of using Odin to advance Android version (if necessary). Be sure to consider if you have stuff you want to back up before you start !

1 Like

FWIW … it is an old backup phone that I haven’t been using, so kind of as an experiment, I went and upgraded it, step by step, through every OTA OS upgrade that was available … 7 or 8 in total. Went from 0.19-20211023142428 up to the current stable release, 1.6-20221129238948.

Everything worked, at every step, without a hitch. Good job, /e/People.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.