One Question: Why is it the shipping of a Fairphone so expensive?

Hello,

I like the idea that my next smartphone is a Fairphone 3+, but what really turn me off is the price for the shipping. Is there a possibility to avoid this costs? Are there any partnershops in Germany for example.
Grateful for any help or advice.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

You can buy the phone in shops in Germany and then install /e/ yourself (once it’s available for the Fairphone 3+).
Note that currently phones sold by the e foundation come with the stable channel of the OS, while self-installed phones use the dev channel. The stable channel gets some more days of testing (not the least by the dev channel users) before updates.

If you live in the UK you can buy an FP3 or an FP3+ from the Phone Coop https://www.thephone.coop/ I’m told they are available in some shops but I’ve not verified that. You will have to install /e/ yourself.

Keep in mind that the price in the shop includes a sales tax, think from the Netherlands. And that’s not a little (about 80€). I also thought it gets expensive and I get it cheaper somewhere else but the real price I paid in the shop was much less because a buyer must not pay this tax when he is from another country (he must pay an import duty but only under conditions). The package came then from France if I remember well.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.