OnePlus 6 'enchilada' running /e/OS Q Android 10

Having related my accident-prone update procedure putting the latest 0.15 Q version of /e/OS on my device, I thought I would give some general impressions of the OP 6 after using it for over a week now as my daily phone.

It seems quicker now and starts up in less than twenty seconds and all the apps that I reinstalled (after having to do a factory reset for the update) have been operating normally with just a few tweaks needed to set configuration details the way I had them before. All the network connexions and bluetooth work with no problem - the latter providing much improved sound with my Cambridge audio earbuds.

I have installed the Google camera modded for the Oneplus 6/6T and in my inexpert (if aged) eyes it produces some wonderful images. With Syncthing I can keep my photos copied across to my Linux PC and they look even better on a big screen.

Using App Manager and Tracker Control I have been able to block almost all traces of outside connections other than those necessary for system apps and those requiring a net connexion. I have few apps that rely on any Google services as any commercial bank apps I have replaced by using Browsers like Iceraven with Enhanced Tracking Protection and add-ons that provide more content blocking and with a VPN, I connect to my bank by browser and not their bloated app which connect to Facebook et al.

Using Joplin synced with my Nextcloud account I can access any information I keep on my PC and it can also be used with Markdown formatting to read from my Notes system app. All in all, I am very pleased with my newly installed /e/OS running Android Q as I have discvered little in the way of bugs and all is running smoothly. Hats off to the developers who have done a fine job! :+1:

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

4 Likes