Oneplus 7t pro isn't detected by the easy installer

Hello everybody !

I’ve bought a 7t pro in order to install /e/ os with the easy installer, but it’s telling me right now that the hd1913 is not supported.

I’ve followed every steps, but I can’t do anything.
I’m also running an outdated version of ubuntu, but it’s still a Snap… It would normally work, right ?

Any help would be very welcome : I can’t wait to use /e/ os !

Bob

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Hello @BobPatraque checking in the device list your 7t pro is not compatible with the easy installer… The 7t and 7 pro are.

1 Like

Thank you Mihi !
I feel so dumb : they got me with their close names…

Oh… I made the same error. Damn!

It was kind of easy to install it the “hard” way.
Just follow the step-by-step install guide, and you’ll be done quite fast.

I agree with @BobPatraque just read everything first before doing anything. Maybe research a bit what mistakes people made or which issues they had on the forum, if it is the first time you do something like that with your phone. Same things happen usually

Merci, @BobPatraque ! Danke auch, @mihi !

I have been exclusively using /e/ for several years now after installing it on a OnePlus 3t. I’ve forgotten the install that I did then (except the months of prevaricating and then the relief that it worked when I eventually did it!)

Anyway, that phone is dying and I’m still running /e/ v0.14 so I will probbably notice a lot of changes… I just wished that I’d chosen a phone that used the Easy Installer so that I don’t have to negotiate these complications every time that the system demands to be updated.

Thanks for the encouragement. I’m biting the bullet now…

Ah, I get that. I am also ‘preparing’ to go from R to T. Also mentally :wink: but in the end is just about backups but the missing app ata hurts the most…

Anyway maybe you wanna try https://openandroidinstaller.org/supported-devices.html

It was ‘tested’ with OnePlus 7t pro

I don’t really understand the relationship between Lineage and /e/ installers and installation instructions… would you care to enlighten me?

I do (think that I) know that /e/ is a derivative of Lineage but with Goolag blobs and reliances removed but I don’t understand when it’s suggested ‘here’s a link to the Lineage installation website’ when it’s /e/ that I’m aiming for.

Are you suggesting using Lineage instead of /e/ or perhaps following that set of instructions but just substituting the /e/ ROM that I download instead of the Lineage one?

Thanks for your time.

I couldn’t think where the question came from till I read https://openandroidinstaller.org/supported-devices.html, I guess they are just demonstrating where they tested. :slight_smile:

If you install the package from here https://openandroidinstaller.org/#getting-started, you can give it quite an extended trial run before you have to commit anything to your phone.

(Sure enough /e/ install does very much follow Lineage methods, in fact /e/ install instruction templates are derived from LineageOS templates.)

The scripts built into the package will do all the work for you !

I don’t remember exactly, but I think I’ve substituted the /e/ instead of the lineage. I didn’t touch any lineageos ROM during installation process.

The link had nothing to do with Lineage.

I was just suggesting the installer program. The links on the devices, that they lead to lineage, I wasn’t aware of it. Just pointing to the page which shows the phone is ‘compatible’. As far as documented it can be used for all sorts of ROMs to install.

I have never tried it but the openistaller gets suggested vers often here on the forum.

Thanks, @mihi I understand now. From the supported devices list, I selected the OnePlus 7T Pro and it took me to https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/hotdog so I thought that they were connected or the same thing.

As I needed to progress before I understand the above option, I decided to do the install the ‘hard way’ since it wasn’t too hard for you and @BobPatraque … but I ran into issues and now I’m stuck at the ‘Flashing Additional Partitions’ stage. I don’t know which Recovery file to use and can’t mount or unzip the images that I’m guessing that I should use.

I’ve been making verbose (and rather frustrated!) notes on the installation process in this ‘Let’s improve the documentation’ thread: OnePlus - 7T Pro - hotdog - Documentation Suggestions - #3 by Jack

I don’t know how trustworthy OpenAndroidInstaller is; I’ll do some research and try to judge.

Any further help would be very welcome!

So you are trying to install Android 13/T?

Here might be some good info how to proceed:

Link:

Method:

How to extrct is explained here under this link:

Here is the exact extraction procedure:

I tried it the other day and I realized it needs to be
./payload-dumper-go -partitions -o dtbo, vendor_boot payload.bin

With ‘./payload-dumper-go -list payload.bin’ you can see the files inside, if they might have other names.

Else maybe @anon29344687 can pitch in and help.

I did not yet try to install Android 13/T

tl;dr
correct format:
./payload-dumper-go payload.bin -partitions dtbo,vbmeta

• where dtbo and vbmeta are the names of the .img files you are trying to extract

Thanks so much for your help.

Results of: ./payload-dumper-go -list payload.bin
were:
payload.bin: payload.bin Payload Version: 2 Payload Manifest Length: 101356 Payload Manifest Signature Length: 267 Found partitions: LOGO (15 MB), abl (225 kB), aop (205 kB), bluetooth (881 kB), boot (101 MB), cmnlib (397 kB), cmnlib64 (516 kB), devcfg (57 kB), dsp (67 MB), dtbo (25 MB), hyp (492 kB), imagefv (20 kB), keymaster (262 kB), modem (158 MB), multiimgoem (16 kB), odm (191 MB), product (456 MB), qupfw (74 kB), recovery (101 MB), storsec (25 kB), system (1.5 GB), system_ext (372 MB), tz (3.2 MB), uefisecapp (127 kB), vbmeta (8.2 kB), vbmeta_system (4.1 kB), vendor (582 MB), xbl (3.2 MB), xbl_config (127 kB)

So I tried:
./payload-dumper-go -partitions -o dtbo,vbmeta payload.bin
and got
2023/10/16 06:55:34 File does not exist: dtbo,vbmeta

I did it?!?!
I changed the format of the arguments after looking at payload-dumper-go -help
So I tried: ./payload-dumper-go payload.bin -partitions dtbo
and got the following:

payload.bin: payload.bin
Payload Version: 2
Payload Manifest Length: 101356
Payload Manifest Signature Length: 267
Found partitions:
LOGO (15 MB), abl (225 kB), aop (205 kB), bluetooth (881 kB), boot (101 MB), cmnlib (397 kB), cmnlib64 (516 kB), devcfg (57 kB), dsp (67 MB), dtbo (25 MB), hyp (492 kB), imagefv (20 kB), keymaster (262 kB), modem (158 MB), multiimgoem (16 kB), odm (191 MB), product (456 MB), qupfw (74 kB), recovery (101 MB), storsec (25 kB), system (1.5 GB), system_ext (372 MB), tz (3.2 MB), uefisecapp (127 kB), vbmeta (8.2 kB), vbmeta_system (4.1 kB), vendor (582 MB), xbl (3.2 MB), xbl_config (127 kB)
Number of workers: 4
LOGO (15LOGO (15 MB)            [===============================================LOGO (15 MB)            [================================================] 100 %
abl (225 kB)            [================================================] 100 %
aop (205 kB)            [================================================] 100 %
bluetooth (881 kB)      [================================================] 100 %
boot (101 MB)           [================================================] 100 %
cmnlib (397 kB)         [================================================] 100 %
cmnlib64 (516 kB)       [================================================] 100 %
devcfg (57 kB)          [================================================] 100 %
dsp (67 MB)             [================================================] 100 %
dtbo (25 MB)            [================================================] 100 %
hyp (492 kB)            [================================================] 100 %
imagefv (20 kB)         [================================================] 100 %
keymaster (262 kB)      [================================================] 100 %
modem (158 MB)          [================================================] 100 %
multiimgoem (16 kB)     [================================================] 100 %
odm (191 MB)            [================================================] 100 %
product (456 MB)        [================================================] 100 %
qupfw (74 kB)           [================================================] 100 %
recovery (101 MB)       [================================================] 100 %
storsec (25 kB)         [================================================] 100 %
system (1.5 GB)         [================================================] 100 %
system_ext (372 MB)     [================================================] 100 %
tz (3.2 MB)             [================================================] 100 %
uefisecapp (127 kB)     [================================================] 100 %
vbmeta (8.2 kB)         [================================================] 100 %
vbmeta_system (4.1 kB)  [================================================] 100 %
vendor (582 MB)         [================================================] 100 %
xbl (3.2 MB)            [================================================] 100 %
xbl_config (127 kB)     [================================================] 100 %

Then I did the same for vbmeta as with dtbo
I found that the -o argument doesn’t work and payload-dumper-go just creates a folder called ‘extracted_[timestamp]’

That is the same experience I had last week, it took me also like 3 times to figure out the correct usage of this payload-dumper

I hope you can resolve your issues and sucessfully install it.

Thanks. Could you tell me @mihi , which Recovery File should I have downloaded? I simply don’t know and am guessing?

My device is a stock Android 12 that is wiped blank and new to me.

I can’t find guidance and the instructions assume understanding.

Hmm since you are allready on android 12 stock, you don’t need to update vendor firmware anymore, as it is explained here at Lineage:
https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/hotdog/fw_update

I would say you can do as anon29344687 did and extract recovery and install it with fastboot

Yeah… I guessed that I’d be okay and proceeded anyway. Now sideloading!