OnePlus 8 fingerprint scanner stopped working

Hi,

Yesterday I updated to version 1.0-r (1.0-20220526188878) and the fingerprint scanner stopped working. I think I was on version 0.22 before, and the fingerprint scanner has always worked without any issue.

There was a brief message about missing hardware or something. I only saw it once and I can’t remember it exactly.

Does anybody have any suggestions how I can troubleshoot or even fix this?

Thanks,

Paul

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Issue has already been reported on Gitlab but is marked confidential by the user as it includes some device specific details.Team is working on this.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll stick to unlocking with the code for now

Another OnePlus 8 user here who’s also lost fingerprint functionality - I’ve also found that fast charging has stopped working for me too. I don’t know if anyone has logged this yet? I tried creating a gitlab account to do so but the system wouldn’t let me register.

Ignore the bit about fast charging. The fingerprint issue coincided with a critical build up of pocket lint in the USB port! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’ve got a OnePlus 8 Pro with buildnumber 1.0-r (1.0-20220526188878) with the same issue where fingerprint is not working.
When i try to add a finger, it shows the spot to place the finger, it lights up, but nothing happens.
Hope this can be fixed soon as its quite annoying to fill in passcode and click continue to open phone.

3 Likes

Same here. I’ve done a factory reset and even a fresh install and couldn’t fix the problem. I hope the DEVs can fix the issue.

1 Like

Does the latest update 1.2 fix this problem?

No still not working I’m afraid.

From my side I decided to make a try with LineageOS+MicroG. So I just make a “dirty install” of the last release of LOS+MicroG ( dirty meaning a simple adb sideload of the .img file) and fingerprint sensor works out of the box. I don’t understand why it’s not working on /e/. It seems to be a “simple” mistake on the device tree.

2 Likes

Its a problem that has came up with custom roms. I can find the exact problem just by searching for the problem online in other phones and models. Ill do that later today and post my findings.

No, unfortunately it’s still the same with 1.2

Droid via /e/ community community@e.email schreef op 19 augustus 2022 02:34:15 CEST:

| android86ad /e/ user
August 19 |

• | - |

Does the latest update 1.2 fix this problem?

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

– Verzonden vanuit /e/ Mail.

Did 1.3 finally fix it? I think a lot of people are waiting for this…

1 Like

Im not updating until its fixed and confirmed here!

Me neither, still on 0.22! Was forced to reinstall the OS, or I had to deal with no fingerprint. So I’m still waiting after all these months. Don’t want to give up my fingerprint. I read they fixed the theme color if you also have this problem. I’m stuck on the default blue color after … update. But I think this was not only a problem for Oneplus

I had the same problem with the LG V20. I think it was a issue with how the boot img was compiled. Not sure but if someone is interested in looking on XDA for the LG V20 fingerprint issue this could be solved quite fast.

Upgraded to 1.3, fingerprint still not working. Do de have any feedback that they work on it ?

Same here, unfortunately

horrorshake via /e/ community community@e.email schreef op 2 september 2022 12:46:20 CEST:

| horrorshake
September 2 |

• | - |

Upgraded to 1.3, fingerprint still not working. Do de have any feedback that they work on it ?

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

– Verzonden vanuit /e/ Mail.

Apparently support member Manoj wrote the first comment on june 2 that is was already reported on gitlab and that they working on it… I think the priorty is not there… kind of suck after al these months…

1 Like

Did anyone find a fingerprint fix yet? :pensive::pensive: