OnePlus - OnePlus 9 - lemonade - Documentation Suggestions

I am trying to install /e/ on a new oneplus 9. It has the latest Oxygen 13 installed. Installation procedure went well, phone starts /e/ but the touchscreen does not work (an probably other hardware to, battery shows a “?”). Do I have to have Oxygen 12 in order to get a working install of /e/ android S? Do I have to downgrade?

I’d say you have ti downgrade to OOS11 or OOS12 first and then flash /e/.

Anyway, nice to see another OP9 in the community. If you want to exchange experiences: welcome! I am rooted with Magisk, LSPosed installed and it offers many, many ways to tweak the phone. Loving it!

1 Like

In the meantime I flashed stock rom oxygen 11, let all updates run to oxygen 12 LE2113_11_C.66 which is the latest I think. Again flashing /e/ went throug with no errors but again the touchscreen does not work.
When I use recovery to sideload the os the touchscreen still works. From /e/ os first boot the touchscreen doesn’t work any more, even in recovery.

I flashed a oneplus 9 last year which went well then. I think I used those images:
[e-1.6-s-20221201239247-dev-lemonade.zip] [recovery-e-1.6-s-20221201239247-dev-lemonade.img]

This time I used the latest files. Do you think that might be the cause for the problem? Or is it again something with those other images dtbo and vendor_boot? Any Ideas?

Otherwise I love /e/ on op9, it runs really smoth on the other device I got.

Have a nice day!

I checked again the post from @chrisrg here. I think I have to use those files instead of the ones from installguide?

I flashed mine about 2 months ago. Got help from another user and I definitely needed an older boot / vendor image. Since LOS does only keep the last 5 files I wasn’t able to even flash my OP9 with /e/.

If you DM me I could email you download-links. Might be Monday night, though. Am out for the weekend.

I just found this topic: OnePlus 8T Touchscreen Doesn't Work After Install

OnePlus 8 worth exactly the same problem.

Those are Lineage 20.0, Android 13; not good for flashing /e/-s.

If you managed to boot recovery and flash the rom using the older vendor boot etc that should be ok because the new installation comes complete with those files anyway and will overwrite them.

The problem must lie elsewhere.Could be the latest /e/ version you are trying to install, but unlikely. More likely it’s something in the preparation of the device in the first place.

What method did you use to downgrade from android 13? I think MSM would be the preferred method.

I’ve just been looking at my flashing notes which were back in November and see that I had used msm to restore device to OOS 11.2.7.7 then update via ota’s to 11.2.10.10 (at this point I unlocked bootloader again due to previous problems with this device where it would not update to OOS 12 with it locked). Carrying on with ota’s the next was c47 followed by c.61 (big one 1.6GB) followed by a small incremental ota to c.66.

Yeah, I used MSM and did all the updates til c.66. Maybe I have to dig a bit into this.
Thanks for your help, I really apreciate it!

I don’t think you should get sidetracked with that. As I said earlier, each eOS rom has all of those files and they will overwrite whatever is on the other slot when it installs.

Is your phone still at the stage you described above in post #20?

There are things to try, just so long as you know where you are with the phone and don’t get lost with trying other things randomly.

When you first flashed the older lineage dtbo, vendor_boot and recovery they will still be there on the slot that you started the install from.

So if the phone is still in the same state and you can get into fastboot mode you can try changing slot, reboot bootloader, and select recovery: which should be the lineage recovery you started with.

At this point have a rethink. For example, did you sideload copy-partitions file in recovery before doing the factory reset/format data?

I got it working. The problem was that I used an old version of fastboot. I hat to clean up my PC, removed an old copy of the platform-tools wich I probably used without knowing. Then all worked like a charm. Thanks for all the help anyway!
OnePlus 9 with /e/ is such a nice device!

1 Like

It is! So incredibly snappy and works amazing. Are you rooted?

Nope. It’s my daughters device. I myself still use a device with sailfishOS as my dayly driver. Love the concept a lot but I think about switching to /e/.

Ive been having trouble installing this version of /e/ OS, every time i get it installed properly its touch screen doesnt work. The first recovery also shows up as a lineage recovery instead of /e/OS which wasnt expected. I was able to have the previous /e/OS version work fine.
Im currently using the global android 12 stock ROM, i see others seem to be using the EU version, should i be using the EU version as it seems to go up to c.66 while GO stops at c.48?

As to my info (OP9 owner) you need to be on Stock A11 in order to flash /e/

hasnt it updated to A12 now that it is the ‘S’ variant?

Yes, but as I remember will you need to be on latest stock 11 in order to flash /e/OS A12

I used the MSM tool then upgraded to “11.2.10.10” which is the latest A11, i then went to “C.36” A12, then to “C.48” which is the latest A12. for Global.
I got them from: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/oneplus-9-rom-ota-oxygen-os-repo-of-oxygen-os-builds.4254579/
I think im up to date with fastboot aswell, im on version “33.0.3p1-android-tools”.

Im assuming its something to do with those extra images that need to be flashed, but they didnt seem to help the touchscreen issue.

I went from stock 11 to /e/ 12

i find it funny yours works without following the instructions but mine seems to not following it.
Just tried flashing all of those A12 versions in order and got the same thing, interestingly when i rebooted the device it displays a battery with a question mark and then reboots again.
When it was booted it also showed a completely blak battery.

It may not make a difference for your problem but latest platform tools is now r34.0.1.

If you sideloaded or used the oxygen os local update method to install c.36 followed by c.48 you effectively have a basic starting point for flashing custom rom (such as /e/ ) where your device has c.36 on the other slot and c 48 on the current slot.

This could possibly be a problem because when you sideload /e/ it will install to the other slot; i.e. on top of the older c.36.

It may be better to go back to stock like you did before and add an extra step of installing c.48 one extra time so that it is on both slots.

Last question: Is the phone global device LE2155 as bought? If yes, then that’s ok!