Overheating & Battery Drain in General

Hello Guys,

I have been using /e on several devices now, Oneplus 9 Pro, Pixel 6A, Oneplus Nord N200. In all three devices I encountered with overheating and battery drain only happens after installing many apps. At first I thought because of work profile and duplicate google apps, then I removed work profile and shelter, but problem occurred then I thought because of many google apps I removed google apps but problem occured. Without any google apps but after installing approximately 200 apps on /e os problem occurs time to time and this problem exist since v1.18. At the end of the day I intend to use /e os on all my family members I think this is only major problem for me. I open battery saver mode or restrict background apps on developer setting then phone settles and turns normal. I looked everywhere battery usage, open processes etc. but no luck so far. How can I investigate more ? any ideas anyone encountered with this? This is unpredictable I tried so much combinations but problem is related with installed app amount as I obeserved. Here is the other topic opened before: Battery drain and Overheating problem

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/OS the deGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

I uninstalled some less important application. After uninstalling some applications phone returned to normal otherwise it is constantly overheating. I think this is some general issue and if you want to reproduce this start installing approximately 200 applications if you see no problem then start logging in and opening these applications I think it will occur.

If you are willing to debug more I suspect it isn’t the number of apps in general but instead some specific apps that have heavy background usage resulting in battery drain. So identifying the troublesome apps is the next step.

Normal android battery usagesince last charge can identify some, or use of some third party battery apps to log this, of course direct shell access from a desktop could have you run real time monitoring tools such as top htop etc.

1 Like

Thank you, let me try to debug from shell via htop. I deleted only least used apps and problem looks line gone. It is also strange that one app can make this.

Additonal info:I am trying to understand better so I deleted just a few apps and overheating reduces little, it is still draining battery fast but not as fast as with full 200+ logged in apps. I will log htop.