Pictures synchronization issue in eDrive

Thanks for your reply
Raised an issue on gitlab: File Synchronisation between smartphone and ecloud.global not working (#2660) · Issues · e / Backlog · GitLab

3 Likes

Following update on this topic: It seems that last night at 0:30 something has been synchronised.
But:

1. it seemed to work only “downwards” (a photo I added to the cloud was synced to my phone, photos I have taken with my phone have not been synced to the cloud)
  2. since then nothing happened, i tried it with some test-files.

What is the system behind the synchronisation? Which folders are synced in which frequency? Maybe this helps to reproduce the problem.

In my case, there has never been any synchronisation nor upwards nor downwards since I installed /e/ one month ago… Currently I am using Dropbox but it’s not a convenient solution.

Indeed, knowing the usual synching frequecy to the cloud might help.

As an alternative/temporary solution, has anybody tried to use the nextcloud app or does it only work if you run your own server?

I used to see this too, but now it seems that my photo sync is completely broken.

Hi all,

also no syncing at my side after a few days. On Gs290 with 0.14 build.

Is this the only solution to have our pictures synched? Have anyone tried it yet?
Still haven’t seen any picture synching since I installed /e/ nearly 2 months ago…

J’ai effectué la mise à jour 0.15 il y a quelques jours et toujours pas de synchronisation des photos !

I recently migrated to /e/ OS 0.15-20210317106351 and the synchronization is now working perfectly (on FairPhone 3).

1 Like

I migrate to 0.15 too and photos is in cloud.
But I dont know if it is working.
Many photos that I deleted from my device are still in cloud. And new pics was not uploaded. Even if I force the sync in account sync manager.

But what I really wonder is if that first sync (and the future ones) was (and will be) made in mobile data. If so, I prefer to disable it.
Can anyone confirm if the photo sync is enable in wifi AND mobile data?

*update - alive in here:

In my case pictures synchronization worked wonders for a couple of hours after migrating to 0.15 but it has again stopped working 15 days ago… This is such a mess.
What about you?

The official NextCloud app works reliably with eDrive. With only seconds of delay it uploads photos to the eDrive.

Currently on 0.16 (FP3, stable) and it’s been 30 minutes since activating the build in sync with no photos visible on eDrive :confused:

In my case I got a first upload yesterday from FP3 to eDrive when updating to 0.16 (but it was also the case for the previous update and it only worked once).
Good to know for the NextCloud app, thanks.

1 Like

I disabled my nextcloud apps automatic upload and activated the build in sync in the Account manager, but no photo was synchronised within a whole day. This feature has never worked, I even did a full reset.

It’s been problematic ever since I started using /e/ in late 2020. Sometimes the sync will not happen for over a week, sometimes it takes a few days. And not all the photos actually show up on ecloud either.

On the gitlab entry it looks like they’re pushing this task out for the 0.17 build.

1 Like

I am facing the same issue with 0.17 on a FP3+

Crossing fingers, after the 0.18 update on FP3 all my local pictures were synced. Hopefully new ones will too.

1 Like

Same here, I just reactivated the pictures/vids synchronisation setting and it worked instantly (finally!).

Bad news. After the initial synchronization no further new picture was synchronized for over 3 days. So back to the normal nextcloud app.

Same here, that’s pretty sad… Does the Nextcloud app still works on your side? It stopped uploading pictures a couple weeks ago and I can’t find a way to make it work again…