PinePhone Pro from Pine64

I believe I recall seeing Gael Duval mention that the team had originally evaluated the PinePhone but found it’s specs too modest to support a good experience with /e/OS. Pine64 however has just announced the PinePhone Pro with all around better specs. Pine64 supports a lot of niceties too that would appeal to /e/'s users I suspect; such as hardware privacy switches.

I’m hoping this revision/evolution of the original PinePhone could support /e/OS.

8 Likes

I’m a big fan of both, /e/OS and PinePhone. Having the possibility to install the /e/OS on PinePhone Pro would be a great news for me and I definitely support this idea. Is there any progress on this?

1 Like

I was also curious about this. Is there any attempt to make /e/ work on the pro variant? If not, there is any movement in LineageOS about it?

1 Like

I agree, /e/OS on the PinePhone Pro would be great

I have the PPPro and never considered Android on it but since it doesn’t have any real usable OS on it now I could at least see how well GloDroid works.

Oh, nevermind. Besides not supporting Two-Boot it is not in a very good state on the Pro. /e/OS on the Pro would be nothing more than a dream at this point.