Plan your whatsapp exit plan now if you haven't already done so

What about Riot?

https://f-droid.org/it/packages/im.vector.alpha/

Exactly @Manoj.
Itā€™s the same with me. My mother-in-law just discovered Facebook and WhatsApp two years ago. Itā€™s her way to communicate with folks who live far from her.
Letā€™s face it: it is way easier than make a phone call.
Like @harvey186, I also consider myself an ā€œeye openerā€ by trying to help people by providing them information. The decision, of course, always rely on each one.
My mind is made up. No Facebook, no Instagram, no Google. Iā€™m just about to get rid of WhatsApp and then Iā€™ll restā€¦ :slight_smile:

Riot is NOT a one in all messenger. Iā€™m talking for one FOSS app with access to all other messenger

What do you mean by ā€œall in one messengerā€ ?

Ok, once again: a messenger with which i can send messages to every other nessager.
With it i can send a message to signal, - whatsapp,-telegram,-xmpp,-facebook users.
Like matrix sever with bridges.

You love the ā€˜matrix bridge usersā€™ in the /e/ telegram group, dont you?? :joy::joy:

Ohh yes, i really love them :face_vomiting:

Why build a phone OS which protect your privacy, and have a built in application store system app called ā€œAppsā€ which is full of applications that do the opposite, applications that will cause ā€œmom and dad, the neighbors, friends and familyā€ -non tech people- to turn their privacy phone back into a spying device?

2 Likes

You are absolute right to 1000%. I have written/discussed it several times in other posts.
e.foundation see it different :-1:

IMHO /e/ should ship with two app stores: fF-droid for clean apps (no trackers) and Apps for not-so-clean appsā€¦

Because itā€™s us the USERS which ask them to put those apps in it.

That being said, I have quit whatā€™s app several months ago now. I still use telegram it seems that telegram isnā€™t any better though. I also use signal but Iā€™m not a big fan of it.

BTW, I just figured out that the normal Telegram app has 2 trackers (many thx to the aurora store) , 1of them is a G@@gle tracker. Then I saw that Telegram X has no trackers at all, so I just installed that and removed the regular Telegram app.

1 Like

telegram does have no trackers and itā€™s not copying the COMPLETE address book to his own server. AND itā€™s NOT Facebook

Check again buddy, see my previous post.

Can you pls link to it? Thanks.

@dotcoma Can u pls specify to what u need a link?

pease call nobody ā€˜budyā€™. be polite, please!!!

Ok, didnā€™t knew that could insult people, my apologies then.

why donā€™t using the FOSS telegram from f-droid ??

Well, I was wondering if that is the telegram version which also caused the telegram icon to stay permanently on my statusbar and I donā€™t like that. But maybe u can tell me?

long press on the message from status bar and than ā€˜minimizeā€™ and itā€™s gone for ever :slight_smile:

1 Like