[POLL] Which device(s) you would like /e/ to support next?

I vote for Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 / 5 Plus (vince)

2 Likes

Adding Motorola Moto G5 (XT1671). Also, although I think itā€™s already been mentioned, the Moto E5. If I feel brave, I may take a crack at building it myself.

2 Likes

Samsung Galaxy Note 8, have one to test now.

The Note 8 is currently my primary day-to-day device. Iā€™d be delighted to see /e/ made available for it but would not migrate until there was a rock-solid version and not likely before warranty expires and OEM updates are no longer available.

1 Like

Some Xiaomi phones deserve /e/:

• Mi Mix 3
  • Redmi Note 7 / and future Pro
  • Mi 8 / +Pro, Lite
  • Redmi Note 6 Pro
5 Likes

I would like to see the HTC One m8 supported (for Oreo and later; I know itā€™s already supported with Nougat).

I nominate Samsung Galaxy J4+ (SM-J415GN)

Itā€™s already supported. My Redmi Note 5 works on /e/

Is there already a solution for Samsung galaxy s4 mini LTE ? If not I would be glad about

1 Like

We should integrate popular phones and known brand and recognized with a good value for money and good performance (Especially in photo)

Honor 9
Honor Play
Honor 10
Xiaomi Mi A2
Xiaomi Redmi 6
Xiaomi Mi 8

2 Likes

Sony XZ1 compact and
Sony XZ2 compact
in order to support as well a different form factor (small size phones).

5 Likes

HTC U11 would be nice for me :wink:

i also second the rugged device option, Cat phone or BlackView looks pretty popular in the category.
iā€™m available to beta-test if you need

1 Like

It would be great if mi 6x (wayne) could be supported too

@GaelDuval @Manoj
My reflection of the day,
Must support many phones or focus on a reduced choice but quality with entry / midrange / high end.

Many phones would reach many users, but for that it should focus on the best-selling models but the time and costs for development would be greater too.

or

Support a smaller range but with only phones very well known to the public and with significant sales.
(for example: 2 models for each range level).

The goal is to reach as many people as possible, both methods allow it, but the first method requires more resources.

Then to attract the public, it is necessary that the installation of the ROM is simplified. This sounds simple for people registered on the community but much less for other users. Fastboot, adb, bootloader, it scares ā€¦

1 Like

BQ Aquaris X would be great

Had to learn all this too. Started in August 2018; at that time I knew nothing about mobile phones (the touch-screen didnā€™t react to my finger and that was only six months ago). Iā€™m very curious about what model will be shipped with /e/ or eel installed on it, thatā€™s what the public needs.

I am more and more curious about this project and the phones that could be marketed.

At the moment, I see the pocofone F1 which is a very good model, I hesitate to wait for a model sold by / e / and this phone.

The manipulations to install the rom / e / will scare the curious but not passionate people and very interested in this project as you can be from what I could read.

But it is the curious who 'll talk about the project, the simpler the procedure, the more people 'll try.

IMHO /e/ must be seen so the phones gotta be afordable. 50% low range, 25% to 35% midrange and the rest high range cause , lets face it, many people may want to ā€˜feelā€™ it before change the dependency of G@@gl* and get a second option.

I know the people may want a more secure and ā€œinteligentā€ device, but the people doesnā€™t want to spent a lot of money in ā€œfell the experienceā€ and the project gotta develope the tools need to import the important data form G@@gl* account to /e/ flawlesly.

/e/ musnā€™t be a solution ONLY for initiated people and gotta be a cheap-afordable trustfuly one.

4 Likes

There is none compatible model with a screen below 5"

So please vote for Samsung Galaxy A3 2017 a3y17lte (4"7)! :fireworks:

3 Likes