Problem downloading apps

I just got my new /E/-phone. I have installed almost everything I use. Very few problems. But suddenly I get the following error when I download apps - from all app stores. The app install seems to work fine … Hope someone can help.

Regards,
/Kim

Screenshot_20201004-092838 (003)|281x500

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Hello,

Is this a phone you bought from our shop with /e/OS pre-installed?

Could you make sure you are on the latest version of /e/OS please?

• Nougat: Click Settings > About the phone > System updates , click the curved arrow at top right to see the latest version and install it.
  • Oreo: Click Settings > System > About phone > System updates , click the curved arrow at top right to see the latest version and install it.
  • Pie: Click Settings > System > Advanced > Updater , click the curved arrow at top right to see the latest version and install it.

That error is strange indeed, given that the ROM’s download manager has no connection to root. You said that you installed almost everything you use. Did you install some kind of root app that monitors/scans downloads?
Again, a ROM doesn’t use/need root for normal operations so I’m thinking a third party app/tool is responsible.

Yes, I bought a Galaxy S7 Edge with the /e/OS preinstalled. Latest /e/OS version (Aug 31) - xx70819. I never rooted the device. Anything I can send you? Logs perhaps …

/Kim

Does it mean : no matter which app I choose to install from “Apps” ?

Does it mean : the installation is successful despite of the error message ?
(In case the installation is unsuccessful, you could use Aurora Store instead.)

You could try to clear data of “Apps” in order to reset it:
Settings > Applications > Apps > Storage > CLEAR DATA > OK.

If the issue still occurs, the best practice is to open a “New issue” on our gitlab, with some logs attached. Make the bug occur before triggering the creation of the log file please.
A second method to catch logs is available here but only if the first one is too complicated for you.

If you need anything, just ask.

Seems to happen to all app installs. I tried the clear data and it didn’t help.

I opened issue #1951. Thx for the help so far. I will report any progress.

/Kim